Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So sad. . .the X is going back to service center :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my X today from the factory! DS was not that knowledgeable about the software or the vehicle in general. I inspected the vehicle pretty closely and many of the rubber seals are not aligned well or had some problems here n there with glue and other issues. I have an appointment to go back to a SC within a few weeks per the Outstanding Work bill they issued me. Hope I don't get withdraws! Everything else seems to be working out great. - Loaded P90D Vin 11xx.

I picked up my X on Saturday and it went back today.:( The drivers door keeps getting stuck so the door doesn't completely close and the drivers side FWD is also not completely closing. I can't get mad. I knew this was going to be a beta car but I'm sad. I think it has something to do with the rubber trim getting in the way. We will see...

I was’t able to negotiate a discount, but I leased my Model X and will be upset when I have to have it in for service for some panel gap issues. I will be paying for the lease and not have the use of the vehicle. The loaner will probably be a Model S for now.

I think @Drivin's was just joking. We all know that there are no discounts and our cars are not beta cars in real world, just the problems we are having making the car looks like a beta tester.

As an update to my original post - the car went to the service center for a day. They weren't able to replicate the FWD issue, but it seems to be resolved since we did the latest software update. Fingers crossed that it continues to work without any issues! They said that the screen freezing is a known issue and that the developers are working on a fix for it. So things are back to how they should be working for the time being.

Are they not opening fully when the sun is shining directly on the door? (Sun heating one side and heating up.)

When it happens, the door will not push out, but only rises. There is a limit to that movement, so it stops moving.
Nope - the times I've seen it happen have been inside my garage (nothing blocking it, plenty of room to open), and when it has been outside in the rain. I don't know if rain somehow messes up the sensors? It normally works fine outside when it isn't raining. But obviously a car's doors need to open in the rain, so that's not acceptable!

Nope - the times I've seen it happen have been inside my garage (nothing blocking it, plenty of room to open), and when it has been outside in the rain. I don't know if rain somehow messes up the sensors? It normally works fine outside when it isn't raining. But obviously a car's doors need to open in the rain, so that's not acceptable!
My Model X front right sensors are affected by rain. When I drive under 5 mph, the STOP appears on the dash with chimes. Once the car is dry, everything works fine. Because the problem only occurs in the rain, it will take some rainy weather before bringing it in. With the Quartz coating, the Service Center doesn't wash the car, so it will take rain for an accurate diagnosis.