Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So sick of "Service".

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As Tesla has become more of a volume seller, customer service has taken a hit. A few years ago, I feared this might happen. When they were selling less than 30k cars a year in the U.S., they were fine but as more models were introduced and sales volume notably increased it was a different story. ......snip......
misery loves company. When the 3 first came out we were back down in the service line again (lost count) .... that time was for the 1/2 shaft shudder. Looked at the rear camera & what did i see behind me? One of the 1st M3's in the wild. Thought for the moment: This poor slob ... he's probably never seen a 35 car line in front of him ... 20 minutes prior to service center opening. I must admit ... feeling a bit of maniacal laughter inside ... that Tesla was destroying their customer base with crappy service & thinking it serves them right. You see ... one cry baby means nothing to Tesla. It's only when tons of owners have to go back & forth tons of times to the SC that they end up stepping on their own crank.
But hey - as long as they have the only real charging infrastructure? They remain the only game in town - if you wana play the EV game.

But hey - as long as they have the only real charging infrastructure? They remain the only game in town - if you wana play the EV game.

As of June 2020, both CHAdeMO and CCS have over 3 times the North American DCFC locations as Tesla does.

I drove a CCS car >1600 miles in 5 western desert states with zero issues a year ago, Plenty of chargers. Now there are much more.

I should let everyone know my very first service cluster F with my X.

Picked up my X, and it drove strait, but the steering wheel was a few degrees left. I drove right back, but they were busy, and I figured I could get it done closer to home.

I setup an appointment in the infuriating app. Then came a quote for $140 alignment on a car that wasn't even 2 hours old!

I fought w/them by text for a while, saying I just bought it, but "alignment" isn't under warranty. I wanted to shove the $80,000 car up someone's ass.

They finally relented given it wasn't even 2 hours old and I threatened to return it.

#TeslaServiceFail

They never did manage to get it correct. I pulled it in my garage, threw it on some jacks and had it fixed in under 10 minutes.

I guess I should have returned it... I don't think I can justify giving them another penny. I'll drive this until something I like comes along. But anyone who asks me about my car... I let them know to skip tesla for now.

This is very obviously a geographical issue. My service center in Cincinnati couldn't be better and I've used them since I got my 3 in early 2018. Mobile service has always been top notch, as well. Our mobile service Ranger fixed a problem for me on my MX the other day when he saw my issue pop up after I requested service through the app. My appointment date was 6/24, but he resolved one of my issues remotely 1 hour after I submitted it on the app.

Reactions: AvengerBB
OP, really sorry to hear of your experience. It seems you should rightly be upset. I am seeing the opposite at our center. Always a great experience and no mistakes or issues. Actually has gotten better since they opened a couple years ago. I guess service centers are like a Clint Eastwood movie.... they can be a variation of "Good, Bad, and Ugly". :eek:

While I've had pretty good experiences with service, I've seen plenty of these threads and understand that not every experience is the same. I agree with the others though, when you have people spending $75K+ on a car, you need to have stellar service to back it up.

I'm not even going to touch the parts availability concern, that's a whole different discussion on its own.

The reality here is Tesla couldn't possibly care less about service right now, have you seen the stock price lately? The ONLY thing Elon cares about now is deliveries, deliveries, deliveries... That keeps Wall Street happy which keeps the stock price up and Elon can get his bonus(s) and all is "right" in the world...

I used to think that the service issue would eventually catch up with Tesla but all evidence to the contrary... Tesla is still a emotional based brand lead by an emotionally invoking leader and when emotions are involved, logic rarely wins the day. Logically Tesla should be working to fulfill all of the lies, excuse me, promises Elon has made reading service that were never fully realized. The service network desperately needs a massive expansion and has for quite some time now.

At the end of the day, Tesla/Elon couldn't possibly care less about existing owners and service issues... it's all about the deliveries... Oh and charging people for vaporware and then having the stones to go on Twitter and remind "everyone" that the vaporware is getting $1K more expensive on July 1st...

Jeff

For anyone concerned about buying a Tesla, I am a very satisfied owner. Delivery at Eatonville Florida was stellar, and my experience with their service department has been excellent. After four years of ownership I have nothing to complain about. I’m certain that I am not alone. I’m also certain that not all service centers are as good as Eatonville, and that’s very unfortunate. It’s something that Tesla needs to address.

For anyone concerned about buying a Tesla, I am a very satisfied owner. Delivery at Eatonville Florida was stellar, and my experience with their service department has been excellent. After four years of ownership I have nothing to complain about. I’m certain that I am not alone. I’m also certain that not all service centers are as good as Eatonville, and that’s very unfortunate. It’s something that Tesla needs to address.
You are not alone. My experience with Tesla sales and service has been awesome. I only had to visit service once for a steering column issue, resolved with no problems. I picked up my new Model 3 Saturday and the experience was great. They were swamped but got me in and out with my trade in very quickly. Tesla Dedham MA continues to be excellent. I’m lucky to have them.

Reactions: KentuckyX
Id recommend a break from Tesla, that helped me, now I am back getting more annoyed trying to find a new X....but the break from their BS did help LOL

Or take a break from your typical service center. I recently went to one that was twice as far away...worth it. I don't know if it's the manager, less cars, or what. They actually listen, spend the time and be human. Brings me fond memories of when I first bought a Tesla.

Or take a break from your typical service center. I recently went to one that was twice as far away...worth it. I don't know if it's the manager, less cars, or what. They actually listen, spend the time and be human. Brings me fond memories of when I first bought a Tesla.

Same experience here. Big difference between service centers, even within the same geographical region. My new preferred SC is 1 hour away, but it's absolutely worth the drive. They always have loaners and they always answer their phones.

(Of course, this is only if Mobile Service isn't available for the type of work needed. Mobile Service has been stellar so far...)

Reactions: Dayreg and Yinn
jgrgnt the costa mesa service center is the absolute worst car service center of any make vehicle i've ever experienced in my entire life. I've changed my appointments to Torrance, and immediately the responsiveness is already heads and shoulders in comparison.

jgrgnt the costa mesa service center is the absolute worst car service center of any make vehicle i've ever experienced in my entire life. I've changed my appointments to Torrance, and immediately the responsiveness is already heads and shoulders in comparison.

Yeah, I've heard Torrance is good. Oceanside (now Carlsbad) is superb, and is my #1 choice. There's a Lake Forest location, too.

In Oregon we are stuck with what we got.

Portland's SC services all of Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Northern CA and Southern WA.

The major issues I have had I just bypass the SC manager and go to HQ, its much easier.