Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So sick of the negativity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, why are you picking apart the Model 3? Just enjoy the car, man.

All of these posts are really getting me worried with my model 3 delivery date only a week away. As a pediatrician who often needs to get to the hospital quickly at a moments notice, this car needs to be able to reliably unlock the door! Is this issue really that common with the model 3 or are the vast majority of satisfied owners just not chiming in??

I guess he was nervous before delivery

• Funny
Reactions: drawfour
What I have issues with is the people who agenda post.

Who never post any reasonably balance assessment because they're completely blinded to it one way or the other.

The easiest way to tell is if there is some common denominator between Tesla, and some other car company but somehow Tesla is either a hero or villain on name only.

Well the M3 skipped beta testing all together so the result is that customer are testing the beta product. If people want the car that bad, accept the quality issues because they should have already known and be prepared for issues.
Gentlemen: <ding> <ding> <ding> your attention please.

We have a winner here - poster child for spewing negativity nonsense.

T34ME and others in this thread:
c4jt321.png

As I've said on tesla facebook forums, if you can't stand any criticism of tesla, you are free to start your own "no criticism allowed" forum.

There was this famous critic who did a walkthrough of the model 3 assembly line last week on tv. He said tesla screwed up by putting too much tech in the car and using too many robots to build it. I guess people like him shouldn't be allowed to spread such negativity should they?

I love my Model 3 but it is going into the shop tomorrow to fix defects. The pressure sensor in my charge port door fell out when I opened it for the first time. I also have a lot of body panel alignment issues. Pictures attached. I'm hopeful to get the car back in better shape. I love how it drives and everything else works real well right now. Hopefully I get my car back in a lot better shape than I got it. I wish I would have said more when I picked it up but even though I knew better, after the two year wait I just couldn't do it...

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_7c6a.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_7c6a.jpeg
    243.3 KB · Views: 88
  • fullsizeoutput_7c6f.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_7c6f.jpeg
    225.3 KB · Views: 67
  • fullsizeoutput_7c70.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_7c70.jpeg
    239.1 KB · Views: 76
  • fullsizeoutput_7c72.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_7c72.jpeg
    279.1 KB · Views: 74
  • fullsizeoutput_7c73.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_7c73.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 74
  • fullsizeoutput_7c74.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_7c74.jpeg
    319.2 KB · Views: 75
  • fullsizeoutput_7c75.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_7c75.jpeg
    351.7 KB · Views: 77
  • fullsizeoutput_7c7a.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_7c7a.jpeg
    330.2 KB · Views: 72
  • fullsizeoutput_7c7b.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_7c7b.jpeg
    447.1 KB · Views: 66
  • fullsizeoutput_7c7c.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_7c7c.jpeg
    203.1 KB · Views: 78
As I've said on tesla facebook forums, if you can't stand any criticism of tesla, you are free to start your own "no criticism allowed" forum.

There was this famous critic who did a walkthrough of the model 3 assembly line last week on tv. He said tesla screwed up by putting too much tech in the car and using too many robots to build it. I guess people like him shouldn't be allowed to spread such negativity should they?

The problem as I see it, is that a lot of the criticism of Tesla is not made in good faith. A number of participants in this forum are here for the sole purpose of spreading doubt and sowing ill will.

This was inevitable, given the enormous sums of money at risk all around, but it has made the forum significantly more unpleasant than it was 5 years ago.

Let me just say this - niche perhaps, luxury - nope! :)

My 3 is now an 'early' production version, in very low 4xxx and it had a couple cosmetic issues but in general has been what I expected. I'l admit to being on the fan-girl side of the spectrum but realistic about the challenges ahead.

There is literally no other American car I would even consider and that says tons - especially if you knew me and my less than complimentary opinion of nearly anything American built in the last couple decades...
Don't buy anything made by Electrolux. Their engineering is terrible.

I guess he was nervous before delivery
Yeah, I was nervous...because of all the negativity on these forums convincing me that this car was going to be good to look at but flawed in so many ways. But you know what? It wasn’t. It’s been perfect. And that makes me happy on the one hand and angry on the other hand that I was convinced by many on this forum that a flawed model 3 was the norm.

Yeah, I was nervous...because of all the negativity on these forums convincing me that this car was going to be good to look at but flawed in so many ways. But you know what? It wasn’t. It’s been perfect. And that makes me happy on the one hand and angry on the other hand that I was convinced by many on this forum that a flawed model 3 was the norm.
Negativity almost always spreads more than positivity. People upset are the loudest - people who are happy may be happy to tell their friends, but they seldom go looking for a forum online to post about it. Unless they're already a member of the forums, they really have no incentive to post anything. But people who are upset about something - they have an incentive to go find the forums and start venting.

Everywhere you look and everywhere you hear so much negativity about Tesla. Seems like everyone is predicting it’s demise or whining about a lack of a feature. I’m going on the record to say I just got my model 3 yesterday and so far I love EVERYTHING about it. Panel gaps? Nope! Paint defects? Nope! Scratches on the center console? Nope! Problems with phone as a key? Nope! works Everytime.
That’s the problem with forums such as these they bring out the outliers, the few with unusual problems or the trolls. Well I’m hear to say that the model 3 I got was everything I want and more.

For me the point of a forum is to learn about the car. Nothing is perfect when it comes to something mechanical. Stuff breaks down...why and how can I fix it. The stuff you pointed out in your post or have read about on this fourm, there has been some resolution.

My service center is 2 1/2 hours away. I rely on a mobile service which can take a couple of days to get to me. So I do a search on the forum for some resolve.

I can give many examples of previous car forums I was on in the past. Something would happen on the vehicle, I do a quick search on the forum, oh I understand now and I can fix that myself or what part to order. Example on our highlander, did a search...passenger door would not lock. Found a solution it was the door actuator. Repaired myself saved a couple of hundred dollars.

In the summer I work for a mechanic that does not have computers, internet, air conditioning and works outside on two repair bays. They also hand write everything for their records. We have come across some problems on a vehicle of not knowing how to do a reset after a repair. Or why a particular car still is having an issue after the repair. I have gone to some forums, do a search..problem fixed.

Now to get some points in your post.

Center console..scratches and finger prints after you pick up the car. I am not a fan of the shininess and do not want to get scratches on the center console. I do a search, oh I can wrap it for protection. Aftermarket stuff to buy...where do I buy...oh thank you for the name of the company.

Panel gaps...all the years I have bought a car would never think to check for panel gaps. I currently have rear trunk gaps that I am getting water intrusion when it rains. I am glad someone pointed this out before I bought the vehicle. Would not have looked for it.

Phone issues yes and no for me. Reading other people’s posts...I have an iPhone SE. Some people have iPhone X with no problems unlocking the vehicle when approaching it. The car takes a long time to come awake for me to unlock. Why is it happening... Is it my approach of using the app..is it a software issue or is it my outdated phone. I am learning how to adapt by helpful posters on this forum. I find it a frustrating but I try to find a solution or just live with it.

Recently the vampire drain has been a resolve for me with recent update. I gain miles now. But if people park somewhere for a week without using their vehicle and come back to an almost empty battery, not a good situation. So they learn hopefully to plan ahead until they get a resolve.

Autopilot has been the best update so far. If people did not point out that the way it was setup on the car initially buried in the menu and not user friendly would there have been a better application. Now it is on the steering wheel. Yeah

Am I happy with my purchase yes Have I had issues with it yes

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: DR61 and nvx1977
For me the point of a forum is to learn about the car. Nothing is perfect when it comes to something mechanical. Stuff breaks down...why and how can I fix it.

For many people, google just puts someone smack in the middle of a super old and dead thread. The person never intended to come to a forum; they are just looking for info. But sometimes/often, a solution is found in an old thread. I was able to resolve a stuck door handle on my S by googling, which brought me to several ancient TMC threads. I found the one relevant to my car and learned I just needed to pull the right fuse and put it back.

Forums are great because they bring people with the same product in a single place, increasing the likelihood of finding someone with your same issue. And that's why it's especially important that people not extrapolate experiences here into the broader population. People come here with their problems in hopes of getting help. A support center is not the best place to gauge quality or customer satisfaction.

The other main persona in forums is the enthusiast. These are people who are excited about the product/company and enjoy discussing stuff. Often times these are the solution providers. They've been around the forums so much that they've read about lots of problems and know their solutions, even if the problem doesn't exist for them personally. They enjoy helping others, knowing that they might be helping out a future enthusiast.

Then you have the people who inexplicably never have much to contribute except general negativity to the product/brand. These people will always exist. They thrive on attention and reaction to their posts. It takes great discipline to ignore people like this. But always remember that TMC has a feature called Ignore. Click on the user's name, and you will see the option. It works really well.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

Last edited:
Well the M3 skipped beta testing all together so the result is that customer are testing the beta product. If people want the car that bad, accept the quality issues because they should have already known and be prepared for issues.
Ah what quality issues? You are more than welcome to stop by and show me the flaws in my Model 3 as I have not been able to find them in the last 3 weeks I have had it.

• Informative
Reactions: VBruce and DR61
Ah what quality issues? You are more than welcome to stop by and show me the flaws in my Model 3 as I have not been able to find them in the last 3 weeks I have had it.

Part of the fundamental definition of quality is having a robust process with repeatable outcomes. It is clear that there has been significant variation in the plant's output so far, even from this biased sample of forum members. Your vehicle, if flawless, should be the result of a standardized repeating process which doesn't yet seem to be operational. Otherwise, we wouldn't see the vehicles unlike what you suggest you have.The number of vehicles reported with sheetmetal misalignment in the A Pillar thread alone is recent evidence of the lack of process control and/or of a design issue (stamping?) the plant is trying to cope with. You may be among the more fortunate buyers to date.

Reactions: kablammyman