Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So sick of the negativity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, there is a lot of negative press, BUT the car speaks for itself! My suggestion to everyone is to go out and talk about your Tesla to your friends and family. The car is revolutionary and a company with a superior product will survive in the long run as long as the management isn't completely FUBAR. I don't think that is case at Tesla. They are more victims of their own success than anything else. I'd encourage anyone that thinks that Tesla won't survive to look at the history of the negative press articles and think about what has actually happened vs. the dire predictions of the so called experts. Here's a brief history, but by all means do your own research if so inclined.

1. The Model 3 is vaporware.
2. They can't build them fast enough.
3. They have too many defects.
4. Competition from big auto companies will crush Tesla.
5. They can't deliver them fast enough.

So, we know #1 is absolutely false.

#2 false. Tesla will likely produce more cars this year than it did in all of previous three years combined.

#3 false. Tesla's 90% customer satisfaction rating would not be possible if this were true.

#4 yet to be proven, but highly unlikely for at least a few years. They are currently the biggest company by market share in the luxury and near luxury market space. They are already outselling BMW and Mercedes. Though only one year along the Model 3 is smoking the competition in its price range. It's captured near luxury market in a year. Also, no one is claiming they can beat Tesla on price even in the future. The NV battery factory is a HUGE advantage that gets even better with higher volumes.

Finally, #5 and that brings us to, what other auto company has a product so popular that it literally can't get them out the door fast enough to meet demand? That is a dream scenario for the big auto companies.

Tesla is more a victim of its own success than anything else!

Everywhere you look and everywhere you hear so much negativity about Tesla. Seems like everyone is predicting it’s demise or whining about a lack of a feature. I’m going on the record to say I just got my model 3 yesterday and so far I love EVERYTHING about it. Panel gaps? Nope! Paint defects? Nope! Scratches on the center console? Nope! Problems with phone as a key? Nope! works Everytime.
That’s the problem with forums such as these they bring out the outliers, the few with unusual problems or the trolls. Well I’m hear to say that the model 3 I got was everything I want and more.
The negativity is the whine of the "ICE" world recognizing the "handwriting on the wall"' (See Dan Neil in the Wall Street Journal) Think Electric Vehicles Are Great Now? Just Wait...)

Everywhere you look and everywhere you hear so much negativity about Tesla. Seems like everyone is predicting it’s demise or whining about a lack of a feature. I’m going on the record to say I just got my model 3 yesterday and so far I love EVERYTHING about it. Panel gaps? Nope! Paint defects? Nope! Scratches on the center console? Nope! Problems with phone as a key? Nope! works Everytime.
That’s the problem with forums such as these they bring out the outliers, the few with unusual problems or the trolls. Well I’m hear to say that the model 3 I got was everything I want and more.

I ignore nearly all of the complaints and sad stories as they are all anecdotal and not in the least representative. But there is a wealth of useful information from other owners — that’s what I focus on. The technical knowledge and expertise of the Tesla community humbles me.
I agree! Much of the criticism is hyped up by the bears who have been predicting Tesla's demise for literally years. I am one fussy owner and can say after 3 years with my Model X that it is by far the best car I have ever owned. My wife says i still get a grin when i drive it in sharp contrast to every previous new car i ever bought, losing interest in them after only several months. This is not just a car; it is an experience, a value, and a life style.

Many years ago, I learned a somewhat crude expression that says it all "It takes 100 at-a-boys, to make up for one awe-sh.." I think the angry emotion seems more vocal than the satisfied customer. Divide the angry complaints by 100, and you get a more accurate ratio of reality.

Just look at Fake News today. Compare the bad news with the good.

Loved your comments on your experience with you Model 3! I held off scheduling my Model 3 until the dual motor version was available. I am so happy waited.

My Model 3 has been as trouble-free as yours. I really wanted the all wheel drive and was tempted to order the LR because I could finally drive a Model 3 after placing my reservation on the first day at a Tesla store (March 31, 2016).

Your post helped disspell the notion that all early delivery/builds of the Model 3 were riddled with problems.

Great post! Thanks!