Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So, sideskirts & diffuser are coming to Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Facelift S has side skirts, seems reasonable to add this design cue to the Model X - so the change will probably eventually make it into the X. Tricky part is the lower grey trim is used on the edge of the FWD sills - with a blended same-color sideskirt it would be interesting to see how it looks on Model X.

Is this a real possibility for the upcoming deliveries in a month or 2?

I’m on the fence on which color to get because of the black plastic trim surrounding the car. If it is all solid body color, it would be an easy decision for us on which color to get

1) the X already has side skirts. Where are people getting the idea that side skirts would be new to the X?

2) I can’t see why this would be a thing Tesla would do. Ignore the aesthetics, which are a subjective topic. The cost in people, time, money, and distraction from getting the model 3 line to scale makes this a complete non starter this year.

1) the X already has side skirts. Where are people getting the idea that side skirts would be new to the X?

2) I can’t see why this would be a thing Tesla would do. Ignore the aesthetics, which are a subjective topic. The cost in people, time, money, and distraction from getting the model 3 line to scale makes this a complete non starter this year.

1 - Yep, it already has grey plastic side skirts. I don't think people are getting the idea that side skirts are new to the X.

2 - They did this with Model S, replaced the grey plastic with unicolor side skirts --- so it's been pretty much expected they would eventually bring this change to Model X.

You make a good point that it could be distraction from Model 3 scale efforts -- if the change requires a lot a lot of effort, I agree they would probably wait. But it doesn't really seem like a design change, just an aesthetic change on the line. But who knows?