Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So this happened today...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@xxxholic This is no big consolation but If this repair comes in at one month, it's an improvement from how long i had to wait for repairs of my 2013 Model S a few years ago. It took months due to supply chain issues.

From what I've been told not many shops repair aluminum panels so what may look like a scratch results in the whole panel being replaced.

What did they end up replacing?

That's not a good thing eek. I believed the horror stories on getting parts - I just never expected to fall victim after 10 days of ownership.

Going back through the estimate - I am not seeing a lot that was being replaced. They replaced 4 tires and all 3 areo wheels.

They also replaced the
  • High voltage system
  • Urethane - RT QTR GLASS
The rest is in labor and repairing some of bottom trim and disassembling and reassembling the car. I definitely do not see how this entered into a month fiasco.

Last edited:
That's not a good thing eek. I believed the horror stories on getting parts - I just never expected to fall victim after 10 days of ownership.

Going back through the estimate - I am not seeing a lot that was being replaced. They replaced 4 tires and all 3 areo wheels.

They also replaced the
  • High voltage system
  • Urethane - RT QTR GLASS
The rest is in labor and repairing some of bottom trim and disassembling and reassembling the car. I definitely do not see how this entered into a month fiasco.
They replaced the HV battery? How much was it?

Update 8/27/2019

Well it looks like I may getting my car back today if my car passes the alignment testing/inspection. The only caveat is they are willing to release my car with surface damage to one of the wheels. They say the wheel and tire have remained inflated over the past month they've had the vehicle and will replace the wheel once they receive it from Tesla.

I am willing to drive around with what amounts to curb rash!! It will be great to have my car back and get out of the gas guzzling rental cars. Plus I'll test out all the new features in v10!!

Update 2 8/27/2019

I finally have Jarvis back!! My goodness it feels to much better driving my own car again lol. I don't think I'll ever be able to go back driving an ICE vehicle.

I still need to get one more wheel and they are thinking it could be around Monday or Tuesday when that comes in.

The one thing I knew would happen, happened, and that is they scratched the piano surface in the car :mad::( . So looks like I'll be wrapping that sooner than I thought :p

Upate 3 10/9/2019

My third wheel finally came in yesterday admit is being mounted today. I also discovered over spray on the passenger side of the vehicle - and that is being buffed out.

43 total days to fully repair my car. I guessing that is way better than the 2-4 months some have experienced.