Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So this happened today...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everything has been near perfect with the car. Have seen a few threads with this issue but no definitive resolution. Have service appointment set up in two weeks.

FML
IMG_20191022_192153.jpg

IMG_20191022_183800.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Double pinwheel reset does not make it go away? Try that next time if not.
it does not and the people who have experienced this (including myself) have found that it goes away after sitting overnight. there doesn't appear to be anything that can be done manually.

none of the posts i have seen has performed the "hard reset" that involves disconnecting the batteries, so not sure if that works.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
disconnecting the batteries
There is a trick to disconnecting the the 12V and the High Voltage battery. I would not advise ever doing that, unless you just got into a fender bender or other and really need to do that. IMO this is not a case for that kinda shutdown unless Tesla does it.

They have showed me how to do it, I'm out of that mode, its something they should do. If my memory serves me right:Negative 12 V, High voltage loop, then Positive 12V. Reverse to re-energize.

They did show me however how to Jump the 12V battery in my S, of which I was not entirely aware to get it moving for the last time before driving to service, I hope it never comes down to that.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
Double pinwheel reset does not make it go away? Try that next time if not.
Do you mean the scroll wheels on the steering wheel? Didn't help or fix it for me, but magically this morning's backing out of the garage was back to spot-on with no lines.

yes mine was gone this morning. skeptical about removing my service appt.

I hear you, but personally I'm more skeptical about poking and prodding around my car for a "phantom problem." I'm not sure what I'll do next.

Could simply be a bad connection. You'll see this happen on older laptops as the monitor connection that runs through the hinge area starts to degrade through the years of constant opening and closing. Likewise on CCTV where you have a dodgy cable run.