Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So this happened yesterday... DU #2 on the way.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_7843 2.JPG

which then lead to this

IMG_7844.JPG

I was stopped at a red light, the car shuddered on acceleration, kind of like traction control trying to grip. Before the above message popped up, the car was driving strange for a few kms, felt unstable/less controlled... I guess it had been driving on the front motor only, hence the unstable feel. I drove another 5-6kms to my destination and parked.

As always roadside assistance and the SC experience has been stellar... lets see how long the repair takes.

P85D loaner for now...

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
... I guess it had been driving on the front motor only, hence the unstable feel. I drove another 5-6kms to my destination and parked ...
Your car drives solely on the front motor quite often. That wouldn't cause the shudder or unstable feeling you described. Those feelings were from the rear motor failing.

That really sucks, I'm sorry. I hope they are able to get your car back to you quickly.

I have a 2014 (March build) I just passed 76,000 mi or 122310 km. No issues yet (beyond a 12 volt battery and a door handle). I did just start getting the front end rattle sounds like valves rattling in a car running on crappy gas. I believe its the brake pads rattling in the brake calipers....

Must be the stress of the Ludicrous upgrade six months ago... 89,462 km or 55589 mi is average mileage for a 2014 P85D @ 15K mi per year..

Your car drives solely on the front motor quite often. That wouldn't cause the shudder or unstable feeling you described. Those feelings were from the rear motor failing.

That really sucks, I'm sorry. I hope they are able to get your car back to you quickly.

Yeah agreed. The feeling was from the DU failure.

And you’re right, while it does suck the SC is always amazing and I’m sure I’ll have my ride back soon :)

P85D loaner for now.