Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So Tired of Curb Rash!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG 5 pages since Sunday! I will sadly admit to curb rash while driving my husband's MS. Felt horrible. He had the car for maybe two years without an issue. I think I felt worse than him when I told him. Then like a week later while street parking my Model 3 at night downtown I did it to my car. Backing up the car the car’s camera helps in parking and seeing the distance but I did it pulling forward and adjusting over a bit. Angry about it and boy did I feel like a total clutz. Thankfully neither incident cracked anything, just my pride. More than anything just hate to see any amount of damage to our cars.

Almost 3 years with my Model 3.. haven't curbs my rims yet.

This is 100% user error.

I think people realize that duh. More like people feeling the need to just state that the wheels are less forgiving brushing up into a curb than in other cars they’ve driven. In my 30+ years of driving don’t think I’ve ever had rim damage like I have on our cars. Probably scuffed the side of a few tires over the years but that’s it. And the tires tend to then act as a car bumper of sorts and unless you were to cut the tire no real harm to the appearance of the car. I think people who have done it are mostly bringing it up because of the cosmetic damage and feeling kind of stupid. I know I am but see I have a lot of company!

Reactions: Slate and BeeGood
I feel free to point this out as I feel the same way when walking up to my Model 3 from the front. QUACK.

iu

As required in Calif. I have a plate on the front of my Model 3, so it breaks up the look, but come on if you are talking about outright goofy looking fronts of cars look no further than the new Mustang MachE!
A830AA4F-9613-44A3-867A-55B785A19922.jpeg

Once you see the goofy face it projects, like one of the Techron or Pixar cars’ faces, you can’t unsee it!! Total goofy, stupid looking car if you ask me. Can’t believe anyone at Ford would put that design on their prized Mustang. The first car I wanted to own as a teen was a red convertible Mustang, later had a red coupe. I think this design is an abomination to the proud history of the car (and that’s forgetting they made it an suv).

I hated the look of Toyotas redesigned cars and the ugly grill on the Lexus suv and honestly didn’t even want to consider one of those brands when I was looking to replace my Toyota before getting my Model 3 because of the styling. As much as I love an EV I would never consider a Mustang MachE looking like that even if curb rash wasn’t an issue with it :D.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: EVMeister
I think people realize that duh. More like people feeling the need to just state that the wheels are less forgiving brushing up into a curb than in other cars they’ve driven. In my 30+ years of driving don’t think I’ve ever had rim damage like I have on our cars. Probably scuffed the side of a few tires over the years but that’s it. And the tires tend to then act as a car bumper of sorts and unless you were to cut the tire no real harm to the appearance of the car. I think people who have done it are mostly bringing it up because of the cosmetic damage and feeling kind of stupid. I know I am but see I have a lot of company!
What?

Read the first post again. Buddy is blaming Tesla for his curb rash.

• Disagree
Reactions: BeeGood
So, some cars are more prone to damage in many ways than others. I may throw a plastic cup into my sink but I don't throw a wine glass into the sink. Just give the wheels more room the same way you keep your doors away from poles and walls. Not that difficult to change behavior if you "think" about it. Blame Tesla for their crappy CS and BS not ones driving skills, there is a thread for that and it's all about AP crashes and cars in living rooms and gyms.

Cool beans. Where would you like me to send the trophy?

if you can’t drive and you’re mad about it, take that to a therapist or find a driving instructor ‍♂️

That's because you're sporting the curb feelers like these...

Yea, not really. That car is older than I am. My car and wheel setups were actually these but I’m sorry that you can’t drive or park. My thoughts and prayers.
665D303B-FD7A-406E-9216-C20C11483473.jpeg 44C37B7E-F771-409C-8376-6E9AE61ED328.jpeg 6797D937-00A6-4CF5-A338-133B02588909.jpeg C27CC81B-3030-4EF9-8C46-ADE1E17EF977.jpeg D2E66223-BE8C-4DA1-A78A-CFC0FCC54D34.jpeg DFDDC045-31A0-4823-8082-EF799B9BE873.jpeg C6B56D52-BB57-4AB4-BD34-6DBAEE30B01B.jpeg 93FE85AF-11AD-4DA9-A77B-964FB6E915A8.jpeg 3003CCD4-CA9C-4C8F-97FD-0EE2EE3000DD.jpeg

if you can’t drive and you’re mad about it, take that to a therapist or find a driving instructor ‍♂️

Yea, not really. That car is older than I am. My car and wheel setups were actually these but I’m sorry that you can’t drive or park. My thoughts and prayers.
View attachment 628971 View attachment 628972 View attachment 628973 View attachment 628974 View attachment 628975 View attachment 628976 View attachment 628977 View attachment 628978 View attachment 628979
upload_2021-1-19_18-35-18.png

• Funny
Reactions: ladysbff
Who in this thread is agreeing with him?

Yes, it is true that it is his fault. It is also true that it’s easier to do this in an M3. Can you not see how both those things can be true?

Eh. Put a bad driver in any car and they will do some damage. The fact of the matter is that people who couldn't park or drive never paid attention to the looks of their car up until they over extended their budget to buy a tesla and now they suddenly think teslas are so much more susceptible to curb rash and rock chips and want to blame the company instead.

• Disagree
Reactions: Slate and McFlurri
Who in this thread is agreeing with him?

Yes, it is true that it is his fault. It is also true that it’s easier to do this in an M3. Can you not see how both those things can be true?
How is it any easier in the Model 3 the curb your rims than in ANY other car exactly?

It is NOT the car's fault for people getting too close to the curbs. This isn't bowling with the kiddie bumpers down to block the gutters... Just stop driving your damn cars into the curbs and your fine.

The Model 3 is no more prone to survive bad driving than any other vehicle. If people truly have an issue staying between the lines, then buy a different set of rims and tires that get the sidewall to protrude outward further (which can be done with ANY vehicle). Or, buy the rim guard kits off of amazon.

Stop pretending that it is anything BUT the driver's fault.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: BeeGood and kpeng
How is it any easier in the Model 3 the curb your rims than in ANY other car exactly?

It is NOT the car's fault for people getting too close to the curbs. This isn't bowling with the kiddie bumpers down to block the gutters... Just stop driving your damn cars into the curbs and your fine.

The Model 3 is no more prone to survive bad driving than any other vehicle. If people truly have an issue staying between the lines, then buy a different set of rims and tires that get the sidewall to protrude outward further (which can be done with ANY vehicle). Or, buy the rim guard kits off of amazon.

Stop pretending that it is any BUT the driver's fault.

It's called being a bad driver.

• Disagree
Reactions: Slate and McFlurri
Status
Not open for further replies.