Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So uh, who did not get approved for their Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In terms of getting several quotes, will the banks all pull your credit score in a way that potentially causes it to go down?

I had a credit card stolen and for some reason the bank closed my account and opened a new one (which seems strange to me, not sure why they couldn't just issue me a new number). The next month my credit score went down by 40 points although it's since gone back up about 25.

Get the "credit wise" app it teaches you everything. I go my score to go up 80 points once I looked at all the info in it, which included my credit history. Two big changes I had to make (based on my person history and reviewing tips in the app) was not opening any new accounts, and paying down debt on the cards. Now the biggest effect is how high any debt on my CC's are as I know to not open any new accounts :)

Once I buy a car, my score will knock down again because my debt will go UP and I'll have another ding on my credit from opening a new account. If you call your CC companies and get your limit upped and you don't increase your debt that also can improve your score as you have more "open credit" vs debt. If this bumps you into a different debt ratio % bracket then it can improve the score a lot... Credit Wise explains all this. I love it. It also has a calculator to show you how opening a new card or car loan or house loan will effect ur credit.

• Informative
Reactions: Runt8