Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So Unfair...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I enjoyed your narrative very much, IslandGirl. It seemed to me that you may write/edit in your career...do you?
I, too, thought a better reference to your oft-shared Tesla information and praise could have been used rather than "Tesla vomit" -- perhaps "Tesla hymns". :)
We have 2 Model 3 reservations, which we put in b/c our twin boys were going to graduate from Purdue and start earning money to pay for their Model 3 and insurance. Didn't anticipate them going on for PhD's but these can be early graduation gifts!

Thanks, I'm not a writer.

I should have used something else...but a few people had reffered to my non-stop Tesla talk as information vomit. I'm a bit better now but that wait after config and then getting a delivery date is like no other.

I wish there was local support groups. They would also help with returning to society sometime after delivery.

Congratulations on your twins! When is the due date? Are they identical or fraternal?

Also, congratulations on the older twins. You must be over the moon proud!

Do they know or is it a surprise?

Reactions: WayneGTX
It's so funny watching him get more and more consumed. It's been really great for our marriage now that he's on board with my favorite topic and obsession.

I was assigned a VIN yesterday morning and I was able to find and decode it before Tesla closed the loophole sometime later in the day.

Now it's countdown until I'm contacted. Last time I was very pro-active and called in when I knew I had a VIN assigned because we almost ran out of time on the financing we already secured.

Nice!

I already have a feeling I'm going to want a Tesla of my own (we pick up my husband's 3 tomorrow)! We can't swing payments for two of them right now though, and my current car is only a few years old. I'd "steal" his, but he's never had a brand new car - and has been waiting forever. My current plan is to hold out for the Model Y to replace my Subaru Crosstrek. :)

Three days after ownership, he starts doing research on the Model 3. He neglected to remember all the Tesla vomit that's come out of my mouth non-stop for past few years.

Very husband-like behavior in general :rolleyes:. Good thing they are lovable otherwise. Actually he sounds very much like he redeemed himself and is in fact quite a keeper.

Gives me hope with mine too. At this point he is supportive (digging in the back yard so we can run the proper conduit from the house to the detached garage) but would be fantastic if he gets as enthusiastic as yours!

Very husband-like behavior in general :rolleyes:. Good thing they are lovable otherwise. Actually he sounds very much like he redeemed himself and is in fact quite a keeper.

Gives me hope with mine too. At this point he is supportive (digging in the back yard so we can run the proper conduit from the house to the detached garage) but would be fantastic if he gets as enthusiastic as yours!

Lol! Are we in a parallel universe!?!

Hubby was doing the same thing a couple weeks before delivery. Except it was to run electricty permanently to my office in back yard. He also dug a hole and cemented a post in the ground for my "charging station".

Did you get your car yet? He will come around, trust me!

Not yet, still waiting on a VIN. I'm new here, but see if I do this right:

Non-Owner
Reservation: 5/30/2017
Configured: 7/19/2018
Blue AWD, Non-P, black interior, aero wheels
Delivery: Richmond, VA
VIN:
delivery date:

I figured I'd get the electric service set up now. Need a permit to wire the garage as it's a standalone, built in the 1920s. Had all our electric moved underground a few years ago, and have empty circuits on our outside disconnect...just need to reroute some conduit/lay line. Or something like that. Home electric service is not my forte.

Reactions: IslandGirl
Okoye is home!

Now that my husband has been driving the model 3 everyday for the past few days, he's even more blown away by how amazing it is.

Attachments

• InkedIMG_20180901_143144_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_20180901_143144_LI.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Black-Panther-Okoye-Danai-Gurira.jpg
    Black-Panther-Okoye-Danai-Gurira.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 50