Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So we went to Palo Alto today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
and there she was :love:

IMG_3585.jpg

IMG_3587.jpg

IMG_3588.jpg

IMG_3589.jpg

I must say she looks amazing in white. Too bad there was nobody there (due to Labour day, I suppose), so I could only take some pictures trough the window.

Also interesting: Alongside some beautiful Roadsters, a Mercedes (e-class?) ev was charging outside.

IMG_3590.jpg

IMG_3591.jpg

Guess: The 'top secret' Model S mule (Teslafied 2006 Mercedes CLS500) that has been 'hiding in plain sight' for some time?

Hmm, isn't the charge port on the wrong side then? Unless that's just where it was for the mule.

Also, is it just me or does this look like the prototype? Definitely doesn't have the alpha or beta's side-grills

Is it just the lighting or does that Model S not have an interior? It looks to be tinted so dark you could watch a solar eclipse through it...

Yes, that white one just came back from a long stay at the Autodesk design museum. It is just a body model, with a dummy interior.

(I think they have more recently tinted all the windows so it is harder to see the inside anymore.)

Last edited:
It passed a smog check in 2008, so it was definitely a 'gasser' for some time before getting the Tesla treatment.
I wonder if Tesla was 'benchmarking' it then, or they just bought it used and got out the 'sawzall'...?
My guess is that they bought it used to do the conversion.