Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So we went to Palo Alto today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We were planning on passing by Tesla as we were going from Santa Cruz to San Francisco :) I'm so glad we saw a Model S in real, though it being Labour Day was a bummer :(

I also was lucky enough to get a test drive in a Tesla Roadster in LA :) Was that fun!

Got my own Palo Alto story from today I'd like to share.

I was there filming a video segment for our magazine (*see shameless plug at bottom of post). Tesla was kind enough to give me and my camera crew a Roadster for the afternoon to drive and film with, and upon our return to Palo Alto HQ, I was told to park the car in the front at one of the charging stations. Well, when I rolled in, what did I see before me? A bunch of Roadsters and...something else! Pop quiz: which of these is not like the others? :tongue: I snapped a few pics. It's definitely an Alpha not meant for public viewing, but it was still awesome to see, and a surprise to boot. So glad I'm a friend's +1 at the October 2 event so I can see the beta! Anyway, here are a few pics:

EDIT: A couple of other quick notes: I thought I might be able to help you guys solve the mystery of the charge port, but alas, the car was not plugged in. The cable you see there is just lying on the ground. Also, the door handles on this Alpha were literal small white buttons inside the door handle cutout slot. Not sure I'll be able to answer any other questions, as I didn't stop and stare at the car too long for fear of getting yelled at for taking photos and/or staring at something clearly not meant for public viewing. But feel free to ask and I can try to answer.

alpha1.JPG
alpha2.JPG
alpha3.JPG

*Shameless plug: I am an editor for Official Xbox Magazine, and for those of you with Xbox 360s, we do videos every other week for the Inside Xbox channel on Xbox Live. To access them, just look for the "OXM Report" on the Inside Xbox section of the Xbox 360 Dashboard. Our Tesla segment was, of course, my idea in order to help spread the Tesla gospel. :biggrin: The segment ties in with the upcoming Forza Motorsport 4 game, which has the Roadster as one of its featured cars. Much to my delight, Tesla gladly agreed to my request when I told them that our videos get hundreds of thousands of views, hehe. Anyway, if you'd like to see the video, it will be going live on the Xbox 360 on Sunday, October 9.

Last edited:
Damn, that car is beautiful! Like how the testers have a 007 symbol on top right of the windscreen, they know what they're driving! Looking at the interior, the touch screen is dominating, will be interesting to see the response of the public when they see a finished interior.