Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So... what base + options combo are you going to order eventually?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Mycroft
We may be getting the same "signature" (option combination) of Signature.

I'm still debating on the HPC. Can you pick a thread to add your decision-making process on the HPC and let me know which one? Thanks.

I'll be buying the Signature Performance version with panoramic roof and probably the HPC as well.

Total amount I have to write a check for $108,100.00 + delivery & tags of course.

Hmm, I'm wondering what I must be missing other than the child seats? I priced my Sig Sport to $99,400. Maybe I was looking at numbers post-rebate?

Did I do my sums wrong, or does buying a Signature add at least $5,050 dollars for an identically equipped regular Model S?

Code:
300 mile base:     $69,900
Pearl white paint:   1,500
21" wheels:          3,500
Leather interior:    1,500
Tech package:        3,750
Premium. sound:        950
Air suspension:      1,500
Rear Shelf:            250
[U]Twin chargers:       1,500[/U]
TOTAL              $84,350
[U]Signature Model:   $87,900[/U]
DIFFERENCE:         $3,550
If you don't care about the fanciest paint or some of the other options, there are even greater savings. So... is the $3,550 difference really just an "early delivery" premium?

Last edited:
@Mycroft
We may be getting the same "signature" (option combination) of Signature.

I'm still debating on the HPC. Can you pick a thread to add your decision-making process on the HPC and let me know which one? Thanks.

You should be able to buy the HPC at any point. Can always buy it and install the HPC later if you wanted.

Last edited:
Did I do my sums wrong, or does buying a Signature add at least $5,050 dollars for an identically equipped regular Model S?

Code:
300 mile base:     $69,900
Pearl white paint:   1,500
21" wheels:          3,500
Leather interior:    1,500
Tech package:        3,750
Premium. sound:        950
Air suspension:      1,500
Rear Shelf:            250
[U]Twin chargers:       1,500[/U]
TOTAL              $82,850
[U]Signature Model:   $87,900[/U]
DIFFERENCE:         $5,050
If you don't care about the fanciest paint or some of the other options, there are even greater savings. So... is the $5,050 difference really just an "early delivery" premium?

has been discussed, and yes, that's how it's seeming so far!

@Andrew, I didn't include taxes in the cost of purchase, same way I didn't want to intentionally include the rebate in the cost of purchase.

I was on the fence about the performance, but when factored in with all the other stuff in the performance package (was going to get the stuff anyway), $3,500 for a speed increase is worth it

Hi Dan,

I don't follow your remark about $3,500 for a speed increase.

The base Performance model is $10,000 more than the Standard with the 85 kWh battery. The way I interpret the pricing there is an upgrade package for the Performance model for an additional $5,000 which will get you the leather interior, air suspension and performance tires. These three options would cost $6,500 if purchased as part of the Standard model, saving $1,500, but a Performance model still costs a total of $8,500 more than the Standard if these options were purchased.

Larry

The Sig surcharge aside, I have to say I'm mostly happy with the overall pricing. If I take a base model and add the things I actually want, it comes out to about 77k. I'd love the sport, but there's confusion about what that upgrade really costs. I'm waffling on the 21" tires. I love the look, but god are they expensive and I know performance tires wear out faster and will cost more to replace. You have to go 21" on the sport model, which makes the price differential even more...though, supposedly the 19" tires are a no-cost option if you get the sport so I'm curious if you can get 19" and sport and what that'd change in terms of the 0-60 times.

I wonder if the 21" tires they will choose will last longer than 7,000 miles. I'd love to get the sport but if charing 4 tires every 7,000 miles for $300 each is part of the equation, that changes things. Anyone know of an example of a 21" sport tire?

The Sig surcharge aside, I have to say I'm mostly happy with the overall pricing. If I take a base model and add the things I actually want, it comes out to about 77k.
I agree; once I realized I needed the 85kWh pack based on my personal driving needs, I had figured $80k for what I wanted overall. I'm at 76,150, or $80,150 including state sales tax, after federal tax credit. That includes metallic paint, leather, tech package, and the parcel shelf. Aero 19" wheels, premium sound, air suspension, and 20kW charging are all on my "nice to have" list; we'll have to see how the 2011 bonus comes in.

True, but I prefer to update garage wiring only once.
Good point. You could wire it for 100A service but only install a NEMA 14-50 outlet. I believe it'd be simple for an electrician to come back and install the HPC. That of course means two visit charges though and like you said, it'd be better to have it done once.

Most people I know who installed the HPC for the Roadster never charge at 70A and drop it down to 40 or 32A making the need for the HPC less. If you ever see the need for taking a trip where you'll come back near empty then need to turn around again in a few hours, the HPC is useful. Other than charging up other Model S guests and getting them on their way, it's probably not needed over the 40A included cable.

Last edited:
Debating between the sig perf and the non-sig perf. Looks like I can save $8300 if I drop the sig reservation and go with base paint, no parcel shelf and 10kW charging.

I'm not sure I can justify the $5050 to get my car a few months sooner. Money would be better spent on a set of winter tires/wheels etc.

Although if I remain a sucker and keep my sig reservation I'll likely get the car with every available option. (glass roof + kiddie seats).

Debating between the sig perf and the non-sig perf. Looks like I can save $8300 if I drop the sig reservation and go with base paint, no parcel shelf and 10kW charging.

I'm not sure I can justify the $5050 to get my car a few months sooner.

Hi,

I wonder whether it would be just a few months.

You have a low Signature number now and the U.S. General Production tally is more than 6,300. I have not seen any official word from Tesla as to what their policy is to switching Signature reservations to General Production. Rumor has it that reservations fall to the back of the General Production line.

Larry

Larry, don't forget that ESS size has a role to play in the short/medium term production order.

Hi Nigel,

Yes, its true that 85 kWh battery packs get priority over smaller packs. However, somehow I doubt that any 85 kWh pack, regardless of reservation number, would be inserted in front of all smaller battery packs. Such an arrangement wouldn't be very fair. I'm guessing that Tesla has a cut-off number that is based on their expected 2012 production volume. So all smaller battery packs below that cut-off number would be completed in 2012.

Larry