Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So, what comprises a Performance Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still curious about the brakes. I mean, it's not a huge deal to upgrade them aftermarket if need be, but I'm pretty used to engine braking and strong physical brakes when driving spiritedly. The regen will handle the former, will I need to provide the latter?

I'm still curious about the brakes. I mean, it's not a huge deal to upgrade them aftermarket if need be, but I'm pretty used to engine braking and strong physical brakes when driving spiritedly. The regen will handle the former, will I need to provide the latter?

brakes are pretty awesome.
I had about 650 of passengers in the rear + me 175 and lucky young Copilot - 1buck50??
110 to ~5 was outstanding I think I could have been swerving through cones at the same time and still stop in 150 feet maybe 200

brembo yes(from all that I've heard)

The brakes were sure and sharp! I went from about 55 mph to 0 in quick time (when I prematurely attempted to turn into the factory again on my way back). And, (this probably has to do with the low CoG and the suspension), loved the fact that there was practically no body dive when I did that 55-0 move!