TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

So what do we call it when you're ICEd by an EV?

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by kabirakhtar, Dec 17, 2014.

1. kabirakhtar

kabirakhtar but you can call me Kabir

my MS is scheduled for delivery in two weeks, so i've been on the lookout for ICEing wherever i see it.

imagine my surprise when at work this morning, in a row of 4 Blink/Chargepoint stations, there were four EVs parked but only TWO charging! the signs clearly said "parking for EVs only while charging." i spoke to security about it, they said they'd get in touch with the drivers.

but since they aren't ICE cars, is it proper to say you were "ICEd by an EV?" or is a new term in order?

2. rjcbox

rjcbox Member

#2 rjcbox, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    EVV'd...as in "you've been evv'd by a fellow ev owner"

(rhymes w/ "eff'd," not "eee vvv d", bc that's what just happened to you)

3. nwdiver

nwdiver Active Member

Sadly I've seen the word 'Musk'd' used on multiple occasions on LEAF forums... sometimes even when the Tesla is charging since it's assumed that they could still get home if w/o charging but don't want to charge at home.