Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So what do you guys think of FSD Beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems to bring a few of the current clips together.

Imo from observing this it looks like the car is now capable of much better situational prediction. It knows before turning off the roundabout in the dark what a lane of parked cars is and takes the left not in a rushed manor. I guess time will tell on how it will feed out around the world. But at the very least without lidar its building a very accurate model of its surroundings to action on. I wonder how much of the CPU/GPU it is eating up now? Is it using map data or building its surroundings on the car in real-time stand alone thus not reliant on gps?

Level 4?

Observation video here:

Reactions: KenC
I think it's very cool to see how the UI lays out all the different options when making a turn at an intersection. However, I hope all that business goes away at some point and is not part of the final product. While all the cool enablement is around city street driving I would like to see if there are noticeable improvements to highway driving. Would like to know if phantom breaking is fixed and how AP handles lane merges.

Reactions: Fadiawesome
I think it's very cool to see how the UI lays out all the different options when making a turn at an intersection. However, I hope all that business goes away at some point and is not part of the final product. While all the cool enablement is around city street driving I would like to see if there are noticeable improvements to highway driving. Would like to know if phantom breaking is fixed and how AP handles lane merges.

We are just seeing the developer UI. It won't look that wild to us.

Reactions: jbadger and TX_M3P+
If you look at the old demo video of FSD they released a while back of someone driving to Tesla that is what I expect it to look like when they clean up the renderings! I am excited but a little burned that I never received the EAP invite he said early FSD buyers would get so I have to wait and I think that wait is going to be a while on this one.

it's too early to say as there are only two individuals on twitter who are actively testing this out, and posting videos. Both of them are so tired now I think they're taking a nap. Haha

Both of them realized very quickly that what they had wasn't enough to really show what was going on. So most of the videos we have so far don't show the exterior view with the UI view.

It's looking like we're going to get some better videos either later tonight or tomorrow. So we'll be a in a better position to really judge it.

So far it seems almost too good at handling cars parked on the side of the street where the passengers are getting spooked by how close the mirrors are getting.

Seems great at handling corners

Seems to have some issues exiting roundabouts.

Smart Summons still sucks, and takes too long. It's not the speed of the vehicle, but the pauses. The person filming was clearly annoyed with it, but declared it great.

I prefer the Brandon videos as he seems more chill/relatable, and is less prone to overly emotional outburst and Elon praising.

Last edited:
I think the most interesting thing from that video is around 4:15, the passenger has the seat heaters on high, but it’s clearly 73F outside. That is just loco.

If you live somewhere with humidish climate you need to have the AC on even when its like 21 degrees outisde, the result of it is that the car interior feels a bit cold. I usually have the seat heater on here once it gets to around 22C which is around 73F.

My expectations were very low based on how little my FSD has changed in the last 2 years, but I think this is a game changer, actually. The number of advanced features in this single release finally makes me think FSD may actually be viable within a couple of years.

Reactions: Shelby16
My expectations were very low based on how little my FSD has changed in the last 2 years, but I think this is a game changer, actually. The number of advanced features in this single release finally makes me think FSD may actually be viable within a couple of years.

I actually quite like the fact you can see exactly what the car is seeing. Its making more confident choices. With a bit of clean up for peeps more sensitive to rainbow rave parties I would find it reassuring the car sees for stationary and oncoming. Also today news has surfaced that a new 4D radar is required so it looks like current hardware will not cut it for the future vision based FSD to take it even further. I wonder how far that will retro fit if at all. I have to say though the current price is £6800 and there is another what £2000 ish to go on top of that in a couple of days. That makes the model 3 over 50k OTR just to cram through the software bugs and improvements. I feel now even to get all the features on the SR+ its way too much with the risk of build quality issues. So much for EV's being more affordable. I really wanted to jump back on board with an order for a m3 2021 on this FSD news in hope of better luck. I actually wouldn't want a model 3 without FSD if it works, it would seem like a car missing some of its best potential.

So if FSD = £9000 come next week. That is 80,000 miles in petrol. Customer EV adoption and sustainability was meant to be priority but for most of Tesla's customers as FSD moves more out of reach this will mean a car without its best features. I really do not think this sends the right message at all. A £10 a month subscription fee would send the right message. In fact you would have 90% adoption rate and the best cars on the road. Maybe even 100%. Value your customers as testers not bleed them dry for the sake of going green.

Think about it by making FSD affordable you actually save the planet faster.

• Funny
Reactions: DrtyJrze
Most of the videos I have watched in the last 24 hours show that FSD is still a long ways away. From missing turns, slowing in intersections, and accelerating way faster than a normal person would. While this is cool and promising, it just confirms my decision to hold off on buying FSD outright because I doubt it will be properly implemented in my current vehicle.

I've been watching more and more of these videos as they pop up on YouTube. While this is quite an impressive jump forward, it's not perfect. One video was of a guy driving downtown with lots of one way streets and the car was seeing to road as a two way, not one way. Also in the video there were several left and right turns where he had to take control or the car would have hit something. Seems to be handling red lights, green lights and stop signs perfectly and I even saw it handle a roundabout, which is very impressive. A lot of these video were taken at night, so I wonder if some of the issues would improve during the day? I'm sure there will be more video coming out that might help to answer this. For now, I really like what I see! Can't wait for this to hit the masses!

Anyone know when reverse summon and bird's eye camera are coming out?

If you live somewhere with humidish climate you need to have the AC on even when its like 21 degrees outisde, the result of it is that the car interior feels a bit cold. I usually have the seat heater on here once it gets to around 22C which is around 73F.
You must not realize you can run the AC to dehumidify at any internal temperature setting. No need to have it blowing cold air for the dehumidifier effects.

I've been watching more and more of these videos as they pop up on YouTube. While this is quite an impressive jump forward, it's not perfect. One video was of a guy driving downtown with lots of one way streets and the car was seeing to road as a two way, not one way. Also in the video there were several left and right turns where he had to take control or the car would have hit something. Seems to be handling red lights, green lights and stop signs perfectly and I even saw it handle a roundabout, which is very impressive. A lot of these video were taken at night, so I wonder if some of the issues would improve during the day? I'm sure there will be more video coming out that might help to answer this. For now, I really like what I see! Can't wait for this to hit the masses!

Anyone know when reverse summon and bird's eye camera are coming out?

I saw that video. Had he not taken over, his car would have ran into a barricade. It looked stressful, and that was with zero cars on the road.

You must not realize you can run the AC to dehumidify at any internal temperature setting. No need to have it blowing cold air for the dehumidifier effects.

Yes you are correct but we try to avoid the heater as it is very inefficient and we arent really used to the power draw. So when its i.e. 21 outside I usually set the internal temp to 22 which avoids running the heater. Also in the tropics (by the nature of closeness to the equator) chargers are spread further apart so we need all the range we can get. I routinely drive 380km between chargers here with the longest distance being 525km here.