Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So, What exactly is the value of a Signature Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Signed by Musk?

If I had a signed visor I would take that visor off, get a replacement from Tesla and keep the signed visor in a safe place. Having a signed Elon Musk visor has to improve the resale value of your car.

Hmm, I just checked mine. No signature there. If there is one, I wonder were it might be? Gotta keep looking! :)

ViperDoc
SSL 64

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I just checked mine. No signature there. If there is one, I wonder were it might be? Gotta keep looking! :)

ViperDoc
SSL 64

The golden goose may have hidden only one Easter Egg.
It wasn't until fairly recently that we started fantasizing in the forums about the Signatures being literally signed by Elon Musk. Maybe word got back to him and he signed one on a whim.

I believe there was also some fantasizing about some golden tickets to go to Mars in the frunk too. That would have really been a E ticket!

That would be an astounding marketing tool; 4 golden tickets in an X, 2 signatures and 2 P's. Make sure the last one is P4000 or something, since a bunch of people would cancel once they're all found. Maybe the ISS is a tad easier, though.

A Tesla store employee just told me yesterday, matter-of-factly, that Signature owners (only) would be eligible for actual hardware upgrades to the car, not just the standard software upgrades. If that is for real, the $10K premium all of a sudden seems absolutely worth it! Has anyone else heard such a thing?!

A Tesla store employee just told me yesterday, matter-of-factly, that Signature owners (only) would be eligible for actual hardware upgrades to the car, not just the standard software upgrades. If that is for real, the $10K premium all of a sudden seems absolutely worth it! Has anyone else heard such a thing?!

That would be nice, but I can't see why they wouldn't allow that for everyone? Want to force them to buy a new car?

Interesting, but I won't hold my breath.

I actually asked for the key box to be signed by him (one I found out we won't get since it is only a Founder thing) but hoped he'd have signed my car too. I'm sure he checked it since it was one of first 100. Anyway, awesome present and surprise.

Bring a visor and pen to the next Tesla EVent. (and a photo of your VIN)

- - - Updated - - -

I sent the editor ... and this is the response I got.

... since TMC didn't put effort into interviewing, transcribing, and presenting the thoughts of the people who posted, I'd argue that different standards apply than if GCR were, for example, to excerpt a small portion of a larger inteview published by a media site with paid journalists.

TMC did put in effort and you stole the site's content. TMC is an organization that designs, moderates, edits every poster and post in a forum for Tesla opinion makers to comment on the state of the company and related topics. If the contributors are paid or not does not make any difference to it's value.

Bonnie:
Makes me want to add something to my signature that indicates they're not free to quote me without talking to me first.....

I suggest a CC Creative Commons logo at the bottom of the page to require credits when "lifting" forum posts. We have that on our Tesla LA club site.

I assume that @Vger intended to say free hardware upgrades.

If this was true, my opinion of the value of Signatures would take a 180° turn, and I would once more feel proud to be a Signature owner. Maybe I'd start admitting it again. Right now I feel a bit like those city slickers who pay money to farmers to get the experience of milking their cows for them. I realize the Signature value is realized more on the long-term, but so far it's done zilch for the going rate of used Roadster Sigs.

I'm sure I'll stop complaining if I get my car before Christmas, though.

Great. Hope there's an event in Winnipeg. It IS roughly the geographic centre of Canada... :D

Spent 2 weeks in Winnipeg the beginning of September for my job. Weather was beautiful, 70F or more. Coming from Oregon, I'm not big on flat and windy, but it was a really nice visit. Went back a month later, it was snowing. A coworker from there says every Winnipeger knows 40 is where Celsius and Fahrenheit converge.

*shudder* please, please, please, I hope they don't send me back before May.

It really isn't that bad. Anything below - 20°C means you're wearing proper winter clothes anyway, with very little exposed skin. I prefer the cold, you can always add layers, but there's a limit to what you can take off if it's too hot! :wink:

Back on topic, maaaaaybe they'll give Cdn Sigs Tesla parkas, since they've pushed our delivery into winter. :D