Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So what happens if you break down in a state without a service centre?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

joninmelbourne

Solid Black S60 new face
Jun 29, 2016
Melbourne
I'm thinking about longer road trips in my Tesla now and just wonder if breaking down in say Brisbane with a drive train problem, would the only option be trucking it to Sydney? And the cost of trucking would be ours?

Last edited:
1. Tesla's check issue over the air, Telstra network coverage is fairly good on the busier roads. If the problem needs a technician go to next stage..
2. backload the car onto a Mackmuncher and get it to the nearest capital city.
3. Tesla tech will correct issue, the odds are high that he's up to date and prepared.
The concern of the car having a mechanical/electrical issue are low compared to having a tyre failure, windscreen damage or worst still a stray animal confrontation, all are possibilities and have to be prepared for, use quality tyres, carry a spare, take plenty of water and keep in mind that you may lose a few dollars in getting your car transported.
Don't let the above deter you from travelling away from built up areas, it's a great experience.

1. Tesla's check issue over the air, Telstra network coverage is fairly good on the busier roads. If the problem needs a technician go to next stage..
2. backload the car onto a Mackmuncher and get it to the nearest capital city.
3. Tesla tech will correct issue, the odds are high that he's up to date and prepared.
The concern of the car having a mechanical/electrical issue are low compared to having a tyre failure, windscreen damage or worst still a stray animal confrontation, all are possibilities and have to be prepared for, use quality tyres, carry a spare, take plenty of water and keep in mind that you may lose a few dollars in getting your car transported.
Don't let the above deter you from travelling away from built up areas, it's a great experience.
Transporting isn't a problem. I found a guy with a truck in a small village west of Brisbane nearly two years ago when I miscalculated the remaining charge. Cost me $300 tho.