Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So...What is cool Elon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully this is for all March 31 res holders not just the store line up ones.

PS I'm still waiting on my mini toy Model 3 which Elon promised but to date no one has received
That'd be expensive, especially when you know there will be cancellations. Much more so than a piece of paper through a laser printer. Maybe you'd get it with the car when you actually go to purchase it. That's your something cool.

I'd rather have something even cooler.

Aha! Now I know why Elon is anti-selling the Model 3. It's not concern over cannibalizing Model S sales; it's that the gift he promised is so extraordinarily wonderful, amazing and costly that his bean counters told him the company will go broke if he handed out 132,000+ of these to the people who had reserved by the time of the first reveal. So Elon's only option is to get people to cancel their Model 3 reservations. Even if they don't buy a Model S instead, Elon still comes out ahead because the gift is worth more than the car. If, after the final reveal, some of these people who canceled realized the mistake they made and what an amazing car the Model 3 really is and then place new reservations, that's fine with Elon because they won't be eligible for the priceless gift this time around.

I hope not. I hate gifts from companies I do business with: I know that it costs me money.
But I thought you said it wasn't about the money? Seriously though, think about all the money other companies spend on advertising. If a tiny fraction of that money instead went to something nice that you could actually use, wouldn't that be preferable?

Reactions: tracksyde and Big-T
I reserved on line on day 2 IIRC and I don't think I got any sketch. But I know I'm going to get something super-cool: The car!

That's a great attitude to have, Daniel!

Hell, yeah! All the swag they gave me with my Roadster is nothing compared to how cool the car is! We're waiting to get one of the coolest cars ever built, and planning on spending between $35,000 and $70,000 (?) on it, depending on options, and a bit of swag that might be worth a couple of dollars for ordering early is a topic of discussion in the "cool" category?

Well, I guess we need something to talk about while we're waiting for actual specs and final pictures to come out. :rolleyes:

Hell, yeah! All the swag they gave me with my Roadster is nothing compared to how cool the car is! We're waiting to get one of the coolest cars ever built, and planning on spending between $35,000 and $70,000 (?) on it, depending on options, and a bit of swag that might be worth a couple of dollars for ordering early is a topic of discussion in the "cool" category?

Well, I guess we need something to talk about while we're waiting for actual specs and final pictures to come out. :rolleyes:
"A bit of swag that might be worth a couple of dollars?" That would be uncool and it's more uncool to even say that. Elon said coooool.I am so ready to be dazzled and overwhelmed by much more than a depressing, disappointing "bit of swag."

"A bit of swag that might be worth a couple of dollars?" That would be uncool and it's more uncool to even say that. Elon said coooool.I am so ready to be dazzled and overwhelmed by much more than a depressing, disappointing "bit of swag."

Unspecified promotional "gifts" are seldom or never as exciting as you expect them to be. It seems unlikely that Tesla would spend $20 for each of the 133K (???) line-waiters or first-day reservation-holders. $2 is my guess for the upper limit of cost. Maybe a thank-you letter with a photocopy of Elon's signature, suitable for framing or, as was previously suggested, a badge for the car which will distinguish it as special. Or a ball cap like I got with my Roadster. The cap is actually kind of cool. I wear it when I take the top off.