Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So what makes a Plaid + worth $30k more than a Plaid? [Update: Plaid+ canceled]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My biggest reason for the + was the range. All numbers published by Tesla need a .6-.8 multiplier. Elon saying over 400 mike range on any of his vehicles needs to factor that in. He is a brilliant engineer. The math is pretty simple.

Current paradigm for ICE is one can fill a tank without worrying about damaging car. One can take it down to empty as well without losing vehicle functions or damage. When we can charge to 100% and deplete to 0% without worries then the published range is closer to reality.

It shows as available in Canada's website too, in 2022.

According to that, the correct term is "postponed", not "cancelled".

Probably because cancelled means Tesla doesn't get to keep the deposits.

Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 5.15.33 PM.png

Do we know for sure that the Plaid has a structural pack and 4680’s?
There is a widely quoted Elon Twitter that replied “yeah” to the compound question.
I wish they’d tell us more. I did accept the downgrade so it looks like I might have everything I actually wanted except all that extra range.

Now the question is what do I get in a Plaid for for an additional $40k? Same yoke, lower range, same interior, same exterior,. I guess red calipers and an additional motor is really big. I know fastest production car status is something to brag about (1.99 sec 0-60). Kind of reminds me of professional athletes that start believing all their media hype before the big game. You're just not as good as they say you are until after you prove it.

$40k more? This is truly nuts. I do get pushing the envelope until they stop you. Guess we'll see how the orders go. I own lots of stock so I hope it works. I just probably won't buy anything new this round.

... and the plaid is available one month ahead of the long range. .. Well, I guess the title should be, "What makes the Plaid worth $40,000 more."
The Model X Plaid is still a $30k upgrade.

$_80k - Model S - Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
$120k - Model S - Tri Motor - All-Wheel Drive

$_90k - Model X - Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
$120k - Model X - Tri Motor - All-Wheel Drive

So after a nice friendly chat, I cancelled my Plaid + reservation today (RN1139xxxxx) and placed one for the Plaid. They will be applying the 2k credit for FSD as priced back on 9/22 when I placed the first order......

Not sure if I should cry or be elated.....
I am in exactly the same boat. Apparently Carbon Fiber and White interiors are hard to come by and might take until August to get. I have CF with black. My fingers are crossed!

Whoa !!! ready for a 1.99-sec 0-60 mph launch?

Can you take any guest.... (just kidding)

E3YcyjQWYAIyExG
Should be a blast.

First thing I did was ask wife if she would mind if I went. When she saw the excitement in my face and voice, she didn't blink. Wonderful gal. Then I asked my sons which one wanted to come. Last, I cleared my afternoon Thursday, and asked son/quest to book tickets. :)

• Love
Reactions: Watts_Up