Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So what makes a Plaid + worth $30k more than a Plaid? [Update: Plaid+ canceled]

Watts_Up

Mar 4, 2019
In a galaxy far, far away
Darmie said:
... and the plaid is available one month ahead of the long range. .. Well, I guess the title should be, "What makes the Plaid worth $40,000 more."

The Model X Plaid is still a $30k upgrade.

$_80k - Model S - Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
$120k - Model S - Tri Motor - All-Wheel Drive

$_90k - Model X - Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
$120k - Model X - Tri Motor - All-Wheel Drive

The Model S Plaid costs now $130k !!! Well, I guess the title should be, "What makes the Model S Plaid worth $50,000 more."

The Model X Plaid is now $10k cheaper that the Model S Plaid ???

Note: Don't the front and rear casting was supposed to suppress about 30% of the assembly lane and thus reduced the manufacturing cost?
Or is it only an effect of supply and demand?

Last edited:

TorqueMonster

Jun 3, 2021
FL
Ok, I am still trying to figure out how Drag Times only got a 2.74s 0-60 time when the battery was charged 94%. There was 3 people but should have barely effected the 0-60 time of this type of car. Any ideas as to why that number was so low?

Ohmster

Lunatic @ Large
Sep 6, 2017
SoCal
I find it dubious that Tesla will keep orders open for a defunct product. Makes no sense.

I’m sure they will call and have holdouts cancel or convert. I did. And I got my $1k back.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC