Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So What Now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Uh, no. I've had my Roadster for just over two years now and I still walk into the garage and think, 'Wooooot! I get to drive a Roadster today!!!'. It hasn't kinda worn off.

:)

Yeah, I don't see it wearing off. We'll have to see but I still love my Prius after 6 years. I think it's pride. I'm very proud that I bought the Prius and will remember it fondly. I feel even more of this with the MS and don't even have it yet. I'm proud of all of you also. Kinda feel as though we're the Minutemen of the EV revolution. Within a couple of weeks, I get to "walk my talk" so to speak.

I'm looking forward to the "energy game" also. I still find myself trying to maximize mileage on the Prius. With the MS the units, source of energy, and amount of information have changed but it's still the same game.

Side note: Dr. Sherman (brilliant shrink wife previously noted) says hedonic adaptation, or more recently; the hedonic treadmill theory is just that. A theory. It hasn't been widely accepted to be true yet.

Last edited:
My idea for a nice gift is a high quality flashlight (probably tesla-branded) that runs on an 18650 cell (same as the car). In fact that should probably be an option since it's good to always have one in a car anyway.

A teddy bear would be nice, yes. When you first open the frunk, the tesla bear would greet you holding a tesla-logo baby bottle. Also when you fold down the back seat, a place to store a soft blanket and rattle would be nice too.

My idea for a nice gift is a high quality flashlight (probably tesla-branded) that runs on an 18650 cell (same as the car). In fact that should probably be an option since it's good to always have one in a car anyway.

You know that there is an app for that, don't you? TeslaLED turns on your phone camera flash LED for a flash light. Oh, and it's free. Maybe not an 18650 cell, but it IS Lithium ion.

The car is the gift. I don't need any coddling or recognition for my purchase. This is my 30th car, and the gifts I've received in the past were mostly from dealers as bribery to get a '10' or an 'A' when the manufacturer calls me with a survey about my purchase. I'd rather not be bothered with that and just enjoy my car in peace. I can go buy myself a cookie.

*I* received a follow-up! :biggrin: An email asking me to become some sort of tester of features/software for TM. Caveat: non-disclosure would need to be agreed & signed. Since this would be very much against my general nature I did not respond (yet). Haven't heard if others have been so contacted. FWIW. See, I'm already blabbing at the first chance. I'm hopeless as a planted operative.
--

Now that the waiting is over and I have my car, what is next? Does Tesla follow up with a survey or questionaire? Maybe a hat, keychain or??? I picked up at the factory and was amazed that they didn't have any handouts or trinkets following a big buck purchase such as this. I'm used to Lexus and Infiniti and they always follow up the sale with goodies and interest. Even BMW pays some attention to you after sale.

The factory tour was investing, but about half of what it could and should have been. The whole atmosphere at pickup is a little unprofessional for a car of this stature. I am not suggesting that stuffy is appropriate, but I think a little more decorum might be nice. I would love to bring some of these things up but I don't know how to initiate.

Has anybody who has received delivery had any Tesla initiated contact since?

I can pass on the goodies, but if anyone is listening, I'll open my wallet again for a chademo adapter.. oh and the supercharger locations in the northwest. Thanks. :wink:

I can pass on the goodies, but if anyone is listening, I'll open my wallet again for a chademo adapter.. oh and the supercharger locations in the northwest. Thanks. :wink:

you read my mind!

I think I was called by the sales team 1 week after I picked up my car just to see If everything was ok.
Now I find myself randomly laughing when I realize that I actually have an S! hehehe

Tesla is happy to sell you a hat for $24.00, to wit:

white_large.jpg

I'm hoping that at some point Tesla starts including nice holders for the glove compartment manual and other papers like the car registration and insurance. I'm also hoping that they are in a good enough position to send these out to the original owners!

What's next?
Get involved in a local Tesla Club. You'll meet some awesome and interesting people. You'll find out about local events where you can help to educate the public about owning electric vehicles. Very rewarding indeed.
That's what should be next. Enjoy!

Now that the waiting is over and I have my car, what is next? Does Tesla follow up with a survey or questionaire? Maybe a hat, keychain or??? I picked up at the factory and was amazed that they didn't have any handouts or trinkets following a big buck purchase such as this. I'm used to Lexus and Infiniti and they always follow up the sale with goodies and interest. Even BMW pays some attention to you after sale.

The factory tour was investing, but about half of what it could and should have been. The whole atmosphere at pickup is a little unprofessional for a car of this stature. I am not suggesting that stuffy is appropriate, but I think a little more decorum might be nice. I would love to bring some of these things up but I don't know how to initiate.

Has anybody who has received delivery had any Tesla initiated contact since?

When I bought my first car in 1996 (VW Golf) I got a set of matching VW floor mats for free, which I was very happy about. But then again, I had to ask for them during the purchase negotiations before ordering the car.

When I bought my second (and current) car in 2004 (BMW 330 Cd) I got a 1:87 model M3 (which I asked for), a BMW umbrella and a bottle of Champagne (both of which were goodies so to speak as I didn't expect these - not having asked for them).

Lesson: when I don't specifically ask for a certain goody, I don't expect to get one. Neither from the German dealers nor from Tesla.
While I agree a small freebie would be nice I wouldn't be disappointed if I didn't get one - especially from a small startup company like Tesla.
I am sure the fun of driving your new car will last for quite a while (at least it did for me back then). Of course the novelty will wear off sometime, but I don't think a small goody you got after your purchase will make much of a difference.

So what now?

what now? omg, dude, the best has only BEGUN!!!

very soon, a package will be delivered to your door. inside will be two deli-wrapped items. Open the one that is numbered 1068. Do NOT open the one numbered 485. I can not stress this enough. Rather, simply place the 485 package outside your front door just before midnight of the day you got the package. It will be gone by the morning.

meat-wrapped.jpg

The 1068 package will contain a key. This is a key to a hotel room that is on the 10th floor, room 68.

Go to this room. Inside you will find a beautiful woman. This pic was from my experience:

Canary-Hotel-photos-Room-Girl-on-Bed-Guest-Room.JPEG

But despite what dirty parts of your mind this picture makes awakey, rest assured there will be no hand on snakey. Instead, this beautiful woman will sit with you for as long as you need, assuring you that you are special and figuring out the next material possessions you need to buy to again convince of you of this, however ephemerally.

That's "what's next"... enjoy!

I gotta know what is in #485!!!

On an unrelated subject....Does the Performance model come with metal covers on the door jambs? My car is just plastic without any covers (and will scuff easily). I am sure I remember seeing a chrome (aluminum) plate covering the plastic somewhere. Perhaps it is only provided on the Sigs or Perf models.