Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So What Vehicle Are You Trading In

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2013 Volvo s60 T6 R-Design fully loaded with all maintenance and repairs covered for 5 years or 50k mikes. 5100 miles.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356159956.627002.jpg

Didn't trade in but sold my 1999 Mercedes E320. (I may have posted this earlier). Sold it at the repair shop from whence I bought it. Sold it for the same price as I bought it. Had the car for 10 months and put about 3k miles on it. It was a big comfortable car but a gas hog so didn't drive it much. Got used to the turn signal location which was good practice for the Model S.

Also sold my converted 2001 VW New Beetle EV (Elec Bug). Didn't want to part with her (built it myself, dumped $40k into it, had Lithium batteries, the whole nine yards), but needed to raise some $ for Model S downpayment. Priced it to move and it did in about 3 weeks.

2001 Volvo T5 (5 speed manual - I have also only owned manual transmission cars), ~125,000 miles. It's been totaled out as I hit a deer back in September (and now have a cracked radiator). Hoping to keep it limping along until my S comes in sometime this summer.

I was going to say that there was already a similar thread on this and then went searching for it only to find that it had been merged with a thread that is not the same thing :frown:

The original thread was titled "What car will you be replacing when you get the Model S" as evidenced in the OP of this thread If you were not getting a Model S what would you get

Now why the mods would merge the thread about what car you were replacing for the Model S to what would you get if you couldn't get a Model S is very puzzling :confused:

Because we're not perfect?

Seriously ... sometimes there is so much cleanup to do and it's easy to trip up (and very difficult to back it out).

wow. impressive replacement.

that said, i got $100k, and as much as i think the CLS550 is a great car, it really wasn't a contest...

I've had 29 cars, and this CLS is the most well-rounded, competent, and impressive I've owned. I think I'm changing my order now from a 60 kWh to the 85 kWh Performance like yours so I don't have to give up my acceleration. I took my first Tesla test drive a few years ago and was spoiled by the 'Performance' model. :)

My '92 Olds Cutlass station wagon with 211,000 miles will be donated to my bro-in-law. It's been in my family since new and mine for over a decade. I've held onto it all this time waiting for it to die since it costs nothing to own but I just keep fixing it. The Model S was finally the car to get me to let go. Gorgeous styling and addictive performance. I'm sure my neighbors will thank the folks at Tesla for giving me the push to move on!