Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So what's MAX BATTERY do?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Max Power heats up the battery for optimum power output. Usually the battery is kept a little cooler for optimum battery life. Search through some of the reverse engineering threads on this forum to see what the target temp rage is for max power vs. typical.

Reactions: soooma
Max Power heats up the battery for optimum power output. Usually the battery is kept a little cooler for optimum battery life. Search through some of the reverse engineering threads on this forum to see what the target temp rage is for max power vs. typical.

That's the part i was able to know but I was hoping for something more specific !!
Like how much of the horse power of the car i can actually access while not in Max Battery!! Which takes about 10-15 minutes to kick in!!

It can take a lot longer than 15mins, depending on your starting temperature. Look through ludicrous reverse engineering threads for hp numbers people have been pulling from their CAN buses. One issue is that the actual answer will depend on which generation of ludicrous you have - you may need to hook up a CAN sniffer of your own if you need exact numbers. I also don't think anyone has pulled the numbers from P100D yet.

That's the part i was able to know but I was hoping for something more specific !!
Like how much of the horse power of the car i can actually access while not in Max Battery!! Which takes about 10-15 minutes to kick in!!
If you search the forum you will find places where people have done tests. Here is one place. Performance of P85D with Ludicrous upgrade review
Summary, it makes about a 0.2 second difference in the quarter mile. Don't bother with it unless you are at the drag strip.

Also, the temperature isn't any higher than the battery already encounters in many other situations.

1) Supercharge to 80% on a cool. After you disconnect, turn on max battery and it will already say it's "ready".

2) After driving for at least 30 minutes when the temperature is 80F, turn on max battery and it will most likely show "ready". The higher the temp outside, the sooner it will be ready. The more spirited driving you do, the sooner it will be ready. Using AC will also heat up the battery sooner. In the aforementioned scenarios, the battery will be at max battery ready without actually using extra energy to heat the battery.