Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So who actually has configured their P or AWD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to see another non-owner in Boston get in as that seems to say it's not owners-first nor west-coast centric. How far back were you, at which store? I was pretty far back in Natick, got my invite April 6
I was at the Prudential mall store, about 30th-40th in line I think. Store opened at 10 n I think I reserved mine by 1020am. I got my invite during the 2nd week of Feb.

Reactions: Bokonon
I was at the Prudential mall store, about 30th-40th in line I think. Store opened at 10 n I think I reserved mine by 1020am. I got my invite during the 2nd week of Feb.

Hate to complain...but I'm gonna complain.

I'm a tesla owner, first day line. Had invite to order my M3 in January....how are others (non-employee) getting their M3DP orders in before me?

Reactions: AndreN and PeterK

I'm a tesla owner, first day line. Had invite to order my M3 in January....how are others (non-employee) getting their M3DP orders in before me?
Seems you need to complain directly to Elon...someone got through to him about online rsv invites coming prior to in-store rsv invites and he promised to fix, with all in-store rsvs getting invites shortly.

Did you read this?

Changes to invite priority, now only effected by date/time of reservation

Looks like Tesla is changing the game midstream. Who knew?

If you are NOT getting AWD or Performance......there is one type of priority ruleset.

If you ARE getting AWD or Performance......there is a totally different priority ruleset.

@Leodoc <------you should have known that ( sarcasm ).

Did you read this?

Changes to invite priority, now only effected by date/time of reservation

Looks like Tesla is changing the game midstream. Who knew?

If you are NOT getting AWD or Performance......there is one type of priority ruleset.

If you ARE getting AWD or Performance......there is a totally different priority ruleset.

@Leodoc <------you should have known that ( sarcasm ).

Even if that change is true, something is wrong. Both @Leodoc and I (and I'm sure many others) waited on line on the first day 3/31/16 (mine were about 11am Eastern), yet it appears people who ordered online that night or the next day are getting invited to configure AWD and Performance. And on top of that we're both Tesla owners...

Even if that change is true, something is wrong. Both @Leodoc and I (and I'm sure many others) waited on line on the first day 3/31/16 (mine were about 11am Eastern), yet it appears people who ordered online that night or the next day are getting invited to configure AWD and Performance. And on top of that we're both Tesla owners...
That's exactly what was said....I even called myself.

She said it like.......the NORM is first come first serve ( what's going on now ) and that the abnormal is everything that happened during the initial model 3 configurations where they used employees and such.

Thanks for that info everyone. Still rather odd cause I was day one, in person order...not like i waited for announcement or online order. I figured that after employees (and perhaps a west coast bias), I'd be first to configure. I mean heck, could've had a M3 MONTHS ago had i not been waiting for performance version. *sigh*

Hope we're all happy soon.

Thanks for that info everyone. Still rather odd cause I was day one, in person order...not like i waited for announcement or online order. I figured that after employees (and perhaps a west coast bias), I'd be first to configure. I mean heck, could've had a M3 MONTHS ago had i not been waiting for performance version. *sigh*

Hope we're all happy soon.
Sorry, couldn't resist.

Reactions: 1.21 Jiggawatts
Tesla should just open it up let people reserve and shuffle it to what the priority ought to be.

The illusion of progress would make many people happy despite the true uncertainty of whom gets what when.
Exactly this. They obviously know when original deposit was made. They know when received configure invite. Seems like win-win if just let people order and have deliveries accordingly based on prior factors. They get the extra deposits, they can gauge demand and plan production and procurement, and would eliminate (or greatly reduce) frustration and confusion. Seems like no brainer to me.

Reactions: dhanson865
Exactly this. They obviously know when original deposit was made. They know when received configure invite. Seems like win-win if just let people order and have deliveries accordingly based on prior factors. They get the extra deposits, they can gauge demand and plan production and procurement, and would eliminate (or greatly reduce) frustration and confusion. Seems like no brainer to me.
And with 12-16 week delivery estimates, it’s not like they can claim they’re trying to keep config-to-delivery short.

Based on the number of people complaining over on Reddit about the slight delay they just announced for people who already ordered, I don't think opening it up to everyone would be a good idea.

That or do it while CLEARLY stating they have no idea when you'll get your car, but they will try and give you a few weeks notice. Still a bad idea.

• Helpful
Reactions: IdaX
So I wasn’t going to call Tesla because I’m not really ready to pull the trigger, but couldn’t help myself... I had the AWD option available early Sunday and then it disappeared. I received the email that I could now order AWD/Performance yesterday evening, but still nothing in the configurator to that effect.... So I was given the same scripted reply everyone else is getting. The rather calm and pleasantly happy lady on the other end of the phone had me give my reservation number. She sincerely apologized, but apparently I was one of a handful that received the email in error. Uh... OK...? And same with seeing the options in my configurator that lead to an error when trying to reach the final checkout page. I’m thinking they may have shifted gears in the midst of sending invites and servers were slow to update or react to the decision change. Perhaps a lucky few even squeaked by with an actual order being placed. She did assure me that I should probably be notified soon.

As an owner and first-minute online reservation holder, who was initially invited to configure like 6 months ago, I’m feeling a bit left out. OTOH, I’m not ready to do it just yet... And part of me doesn’t mind so much if my friends who camped out in freezing rain/snow to line up at the store get a bit of an edge here.

Really I wish they would just open up ordering to all reservation holders and with all options, including short range battery, non-premium base model, etc.. I think that would give them the best means to gauge production and start giving better delivery estimates. That may have other repercussions I’m not thinking of...

The problem with this plan is Tesla is likely to add additional features over time. They would need to send an email out to everyone that had already configured to optionally re-configure. It also locks in today’s pricing. Tesla needs the ability to adjust pricing based on a few factors. The number of people that would cry fowl if pricing changed after they configured would be significant.