Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So who actually has configured their P or AWD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's exactly what was said....I even called myself.

She said it like.......the NORM is first come first serve ( what's going on now ) and that the abnormal is everything that happened during the initial model 3 configurations where they used employees and such.

If first come first serve were the new norm wouldn't you be able to configure? IIRC from another thread you were second in line at your local store. I was third in line at mine in the Bay Area no less and neither of us are able to configure. I think they changed their mind about opening up the configuration. Hopefully Elon will throw us a bone soon.

The problem with this plan is Tesla is likely to add additional features over time. They would need to send an email out to everyone that had already configured to optionally re-configure. It also locks in today’s pricing. Tesla needs the ability to adjust pricing based on a few factors. The number of people that would cry fowl if pricing changed after they configured would be significant.

Right. And I'm counting on those continuous changes to add something more than just some sorted motors and big wheels before pulling the trigger on $23,000 more.

If first come first serve were the new norm wouldn't you be able to configure? IIRC from another thread you were second in line at your local store. I was third in line at mine in the Bay Area no less and neither of us are able to configure. I think they changed their mind about opening up the configuration. Hopefully Elon will throw us a bone soon.
No.....As I've said. I'm in Chicago. Chicago is not in the Eastern time zone. . East Coast configurations were first. There are thousands upon thousands ahead of me.

Truthfully there isn't any norm persay. They seem to be making this up as they go along with no rationale for how they proceed.

For example, in Canada no owner priority was respected and orders are being processed in a seemingly last in, first out nature. Someone who was invited a couple weeks ago and configured two weeks ago or so have been taking delivery meanwhile day 1 invitees from March are still waiting.

Last edited:
Yes. Yes I did. :cool:
I keep checking my Tesla account to make sure my order is still there. My order is still there. :eek:

I thought I'd pop over here to see if anybody else was able to order. I knew @ryanjm was able to, and I see @NickHoffmann got an order in too. But seriously, I haven't heard of anybody else being able to place an order. That's insane.

I was an early line-waiter (finished reserving 11 minutes after the store opened).

Reactions: mahagala and stef
I keep checking my Tesla account to make sure my order is still there. My order is still there. :eek:

I thought I'd pop over here to see if anybody else was able to order. I knew @ryanjm was able to, and I see @NickHoffmann got an order in too. But seriously, I haven't heard of anybody else being able to place an order. That's insane.

I was an early line-waiter (finished reserving 11 minutes after the store opened).
Congratulations. I'm excited for you.

I have not been able to order yet. Hopefully soon. ( Chicago line waiter ).

Truthfully there isn't any norm persay. They seem to be making this up as they go along with no rationale for how they proceed.

For example, in Canada no owner priority was respected and orders are being processed in a seemingly last in, first out nature. Someone who was invited a couple weeks ago and configured two weeks ago or so have been taking delivery meanwhile day 1 invitees from March are still waiting.
And for AWD no invitees to Canada and in the US they put the invites in a randomizer....

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
S owner. I can configure a RWD since a few months ago. I never selected the option to let Tesla know I wanted to wait for the AWD or standard battery. Do you think that affects your ability to configure AWD/P? You can still select the notify me when AWD/P is available but not sure if I should just leave it untouched.

Man what I the perfect solution to this problem!

I was invited Sunday at just about 7PM. Wrestled with the justification for a P as it just seems like a bit more speed, decided I could spend $23k much better in other areas (not a knock to people who did, just my personal opinion), pulled trigger on 3LRD around 10:30PM.

I am that guy who was on the newspaper as sleeping outside the Dedham (Just west of Boston) store for a few days in a tent.... so technically first person in line in US ;)

Quite excited :)

Also side note...
What is the proper nomenclature for these? I've heard M3D, M3LRD, LRD, 3LRD.
I'm guessing 3LRD? Just have seen them all in the last few days :p.

• Funny
Reactions: dgaultiere and stef
I have two Tesla's and I'm upset that it's not yet my turn to spend $20k more for extra performance I don't need in a car I don't need. Ultra first world problems. Lol. Please someone beat me with a stick.

We are in a Tesla forum where the lowest price option is currently $49,000. Any discussion on this website will be FWP. If I were complaining, which I'm not, I would be in agreement with you BTW but your comment a little like pointing out everyone around you is speaking English when you are in Houston Texas.

Furthermore I currently own one Model 3 and I've never expressed that I'm upset that it's not my turn. I'm attempting to add another data point to the discussion which is supposed to be about who has been able to configure (and presumably who hasn't). I'm guessing that we are all trying to figure out the rule if any Tesla is using to invite people to configure.

Last edited:
Reactions: dgaultiere
We are in a Tesla forum where the lowest price option is currently $49,000. Any discussion on this website will be FWP. If I were complaining, which I'm not, I would be in agreement with you BTW but your comment a little like pointing out everyone around you is speaking English when you are in Houston Texas.

Furthermore I currently own one Model 3 and I've never expressed that I'm upset that it's not my turn. I'm attempting to add another data point to the discussion which is supposed to be about who has been able to configure (and presumably who hasn't). I'm guessing that we are all trying to figure out the rule if any Tesla is using to invite people to configure.

Sorry, didn’t mean it like that. This was really just me directly at me. I stayed up til 3am Sunday morning hitting refresh waiting for the new options appear and got frustrated when it didn’t. Then more frustrated the last few days when the priority rules changed. Being an existing owner and line waiter (middle to end of the line) in NorCal I thought I had a good shot at getting one of the first dual motor cars. Now it looks like there will many thousands of people ahead. But it’s ok, I’ve made my peace. Just gonna enjoy my S and X and order when it’s my turn.

• Love
Reactions: Leodoc
What?

If the first round of configurations is any indication....I would suggest I will bet to configure next month sometime.
I'm saying the new
What?

If the first round of configurations is any indication....I would suggest I will bet to configure next month sometime.
Maybe I misunderstood, but when first come first serve (meaning who reserved first gets first opportunity to order AWD and Performance) was suggested you said you were behind everyone in the eastern time zone who had their reservations in before you (an hour before your store even opened). I was saying that with the timezone being accounted for they wouldn't be.