Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So who actually has configured their P or AWD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received the email to configure Performance / AWD around 8pm and ordered shortly after. I was about ~150th in line at the Natick, MA store and reserved at 11:30am on the nose.

I did run into the "problem processing your order" error message (likely due to my Design Studio page being open for a long time before actually placing my order) but got around it by simply refreshing the page, confirming that my options were still selected, and re-entering my credit card info.

72128C69-6731-4616-9614-B505BF26EBE9.jpeg
@PeterK - I just got an email from Tesla to configure the AWD/P. I was in line with you at Dedham. Hopefully you will be able to configure soon too

Yes! I hadn’t checked my email in a few hours (fell asleep putting youngest to bed...) but as soon as I saw this I checked email and saw one from Tesla at 7:46 pm. Logged on and ordered 10 minutes ago - already got two emails back confirming and clarifying next steps. One odd thing though, I can’t get the next steps to work. It asks me to confirm either Dedham or Mt Kisco as delivery location but the “next” button doesn’t do anything, on my phone or laptop. No rush though, as long as the order got in.

Funny thing, this afternoon I saw my fourth 3 in the wild and first one parked. Blue with aero wheels - my configuration!

Thanks for the heads up!

Finally joined the club and ordered. Now though I can't set delivery location, upload, insurance, etc. Anyone else run into this issue?
Did not get an e-mail, but logged into my Tesla, opened up the configurator, and the performance option was there with 12-16 weeks delivery (was in line on the first day when I placed my reservation).

Went for a performance model, midnight silver, white interior, sport wheels. Had the same issue when I was done, won’d let me select delivery location, etc. going to try that tomorrow.

Congrats folks - excited!

Ordered AWD. Non-owner, line waiter - about 100 back. Got the email at the same time as others have posted. 12-16 weeks. Mentioned $7500 tax credit so fingers crossed it holds through Sept 30th and there are no additional delays. So excited!

$7500 tax credit will definitely hold through Sept 30, and expectation is that they are now shipping to Canada so the 200,000th US delivery is in July, meaning the $7500 holds through year end, then $3750 through June 30, 2019, and $1875 through year end 2019.

I think I was in the same line the first morning as @PeterK, but behind him, so snagged my reservations 30 or 40 minutes after he snagged his. Maybe that's why my notification email from Tesla showed up at 7:48 p.m. last night (ET), while his showed up two minutes earlier. :)

Placed order & additional deposit earlier this morning - P, white interior, midnight silver metallic, 20" wheels, AP, **NO** FSD. 12-16 weeks. Our single remaining ICE ('12 Prius V wagon) is now officially on Death Watch.

Anybody else have a similar color scheme in an S, X, or soon-to-arrive 3 in the greater Washington, DC / MD / NoVA area? Interested in seeing midnight silver metallic and ideally also white interior to really understand what the 3 might look like when dressed similarly.

Thanks,
Alan

Reactions: Finder and Bokonon
Did not get an e-mail, but logged into my Tesla, opened up the configurator, and the performance option was there with 12-16 weeks delivery (was in line on the first day when I placed my reservation).

Went for a performance model, midnight silver, white interior, sport wheels. Had the same issue when I was done, won’d let me select delivery location, etc. going to try that tomorrow.

Congrats folks - excited!

FYI I just tried and it works now; I can set the rest of the info. Have to go insurance shopping and stuff soon...

I also was able to call them in to change the color (MSM -> Deep Blue Metallic). Said they would be updated with 24-48 hrs. Call volumes are high so there was a 15 min wait or so.

FYI I just tried and it works now; I can set the rest of the info. Have to go insurance shopping and stuff soon...

I also was able to call them in to change the color (MSM -> Deep Blue Metallic). Said they would be updated with 24-48 hrs. Call volumes are high so there was a 15 min wait or so.
Same here - tried this afternoon and was able to successfully select my location. I too have been debating about colors all day! I am sticking with MSM with white interior so far. Problem is all the colors look pretty great... glad they were able to change it for you without an issue.

I think I was in the same line the first morning as @PeterK, but behind him, so snagged my reservations 30 or 40 minutes after he snagged his. Maybe that's why my notification email from Tesla showed up at 7:48 p.m. last night (ET), while his showed up two minutes earlier. :)

Placed order & additional deposit earlier this morning - P, white interior, midnight silver metallic, 20" wheels, AP, **NO** FSD. 12-16 weeks. Our single remaining ICE ('12 Prius V wagon) is now officially on Death Watch.

Anybody else have a similar color scheme in an S, X, or soon-to-arrive 3 in the greater Washington, DC / MD / NoVA area? Interested in seeing midnight silver metallic and ideally also white interior to really understand what the 3 might look like when dressed similarly.

Thanks,
Alan
Big fan of your config! Ordered the exact same thing and am very excited for the MSM/white combo. Our single remaining ICE is also on death watch! Cannot wait to do a final cleanup of grease stains in the garage and never look back.

Reactions: Pollux
Same here - tried this afternoon and was able to successfully select my location. I too have been debating about colors all day! I am sticking with MSM with white interior so far. Problem is all the colors look pretty great... glad they were able to change it for you without an issue.

After calling it in found out that I could change it online (there was a edit config link on my account page), so I went ahead and changed it myself. Ending up changing after seeing a MSM w/Aeros in person and realizing that the color combo wasn't for me.

After calling it in found out that I could change it online (there was a edit config link on my account page), so I went ahead and changed it myself. Ending up changing after seeing a MSM w/Aeros in person and realizing that the color combo wasn't for me.

Here in LA, we have lots of 3s zipping around. MSM looks OK, but not as sharp as it does on the S.

Went with red for ours and love it. It’sactually More of a red. Energetic yet classy.

Reactions: dgaultiere