Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So who actually has configured their P or AWD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't splurge for the P? Keeping the S or trading it in on the 3?

I was very tempted, but $22K for 1 second, bringing me to just under $90K after taxes was rough.

I'll customize a few things with the money saved, and yes, still trading in the S.

Edit: planned... Chrome delete, console wrap, 35% tint(MA legal limit), powdercoat the 19s, and get a set of winter wheels with good snows on them.

I was very tempted, but $22K for 1 second, bringing me to just under $90K after taxes was rough.

I'll customize a few things with the money saved, and yes, still trading in the S.

Edit: planned... Chrome delete, console wrap, 35% tint(MA legal limit), powdercoat the 19s, and get a set of winter wheels with good snows on them.
Yeah, I was all on board chomping at the bit to order the P (still not available to config for me), but as time goes by waiting, not sure if it is worth it for the price jump. Lots of unknowns in the equipment specs to gamble on for the price. Also, my wife would be much happier as well not spending the extra money :p the other side of me says you only live once...decisions, decisions...

Reactions: ModelNforNerd

I think I'm doing the same as you. Was going to get the performance and white interior, but decided against the markup. Since I will be doing PPF, Powder coat, tint, chrome delete, console wrap... yeah that adds up!

Reactions: ModelNforNerd
Yeah, I was all on board chomping at the bit to order the P (still not available to config for me), but as time goes by waiting, not sure if it is worth it for the price jump. Lots of unknowns in the equipment specs to gamble on for the price. Also, my wife would be much happier as well not spending the extra money :p the other side of me says you only live once...decisions, decisions...
The other thing to consider:

It's the road trip car. We have a dog we just cured of car sickness (with Chill mode/low regen in the S), so how often I was going to be able to USE 3.5s 0-60, but still spend $78k+ on it....bad business decision. Lol

Besides, if the RWD is any indication, I expect the AWD time to actually be closer to 4.2-4.3s.

I can live with that.

I can't seem to find that "edit config link" - can you help me? Thanks.
editdesign.png

Yea it's not very prominent, but it's there.

• Informative
Reactions: Finder
After calling it in found out that I could change it online (there was a edit config link on my account page), so I went ahead and changed it myself. Ending up changing after seeing a MSM w/Aeros in person and realizing that the color combo wasn't for me.
I also changed mine (online). Went to see MSM myself today - the red color looked amazing on a P100D right next to the MSM model 3. Changed my performance with white from MSM to red.

Thanks to a huge favor from a friend, I've got a Performance model ordered (red paint, 20" Sport wheels, white interior). A couple of unexpected things I noticed:

-No red brake calipers on P. I'm not going to cry about it but I'll be honest: I'm a tad disappointed by this, given A) how neat I think it looks, and B) we've seen test mules sporting them.

-The spoiler is installed after delivery. Again, slightly disappointing but just a mild inconvenience.
Appreciate you asking Elon about the brake calipers - really should be red given it is a performance model and all. Having him say it might be faster than 3.5 seconds wasn’t a bad thing though. Fingers crossed on the calipers!

Same config coming as you - big thing I want to see up close at this point is the ceramic white dash insert. Only a few pictures out there but wondering how that will turn out.

Appreciate you asking Elon about the brake calipers - really should be red given it is a performance model and all. Having him say it might be faster than 3.5 seconds wasn’t a bad thing though. Fingers crossed on the calipers!

Same config coming as you - big thing I want to see up close at this point is the ceramic white dash insert. Only a few pictures out there but wondering how that will turn out.

Totally agree. It's kinda crazy when you consider the leak-tastic, phone-camera age we live in that we have yet to get an up-close shot of that white dash insert. I wonder if I won't get a proper look until delivery day!