Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So who actually has configured their P or AWD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still patiently waiting......although the amount of patience decreases every passing day :D
Right? I'm almost at the point where I've convinced myself that I no longer care to be invited. This is similar to the 2 year wait for first production, where we ended up buying a PHEV to bridge the gap. Now, summer is here, wife drives a lot less and I bike to work half the time. Take your time Tesla, take your time.

Right? I'm almost at the point where I've convinced myself that I no longer care to be invited. This is similar to the 2 year wait for first production, where we ended up buying a PHEV to bridge the gap. Now, summer is here, wife drives a lot less and I bike to work half the time. Take your time Tesla, take your time.
I’m guessing your invite time won’t have a significant bearing on your delivery date. Yours will probably be the Nth car they produce whether they wait a few more weeks or invite you to configure now. So the silver lining is that a delay in the invite probably means less time to wait for delivery after you configure. At least this is what I’m telling myself, and so far it’s a mind game that works. Sort of.

I’m guessing your invite time won’t have a significant bearing on your delivery date. Yours will probably be the Nth car they produce whether they wait a few more weeks or invite you to configure now. So the silver lining is that a delay in the invite probably means less time to wait for delivery after you configure. At least this is what I’m telling myself, and so far it’s a mind game that works. Sort of.

Haha. Yeah, I play that game, too. The issue is that the excitement of some day owning a 3 has worn off. And once that excitement is gone, I'll move on and convince myself that I don't actually need or want it anymore. Let's see how the next few weeks play out.

Not sure about any of what I have read here on TMC. I think the "tweaking" might be more than a "little." I reserved in Chicago at 10:07 AM on 3-31-16. 7th in line. Received my original invite to configure on 1-4-18, but as of 6-6 at 5:15 CST I still cannot configure AWD.

I called Tesla on my way home from work today, and the individual I spoke to indicated he had not heard of any invites going out beyond the first batch. He also indicated that orders will be fulfilled in the order they were placed, but based on information posted here, it seems that neither of those things are true.

Doesn't seem customer service at Tesla has the real story on how these invitations are being sent. Unless everyone on TMC is lying, the CS reps simply don't have all the info.
I reserved mine on 3/31 around 1030AM. Around 20th in line. Got my email to order on 4/19 for RWD and then email to order AWD/P on 5/23. Ordered AWD on 5/29. So idk how this process of letting people order is working. Tbh I think it’s just luck of the draw

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
I reserved mine on 3/31 around 1030AM. Around 20th in line. Got my email to order on 4/19 for RWD and then email to order AWD/P on 5/23. Ordered AWD on 5/29. So idk how this process of letting people order is working. Tbh I think it’s just luck of the draw

Yeah I've no idea how it works. I was 10:30am in SoCal, got my initial invite to configure on 3/22, and still have no AWD invite. :( :( :(

At this point I'm pretty sick of waiting. I've told myself if I don't get an invite by Sunday, I'm just gonna order the LR as a Father's day present to myself. I don't want to chance missing the full tax credit, and the 16 week delivery timeline scares me with that.

Yeah I've no idea how it works. I was 10:30am in SoCal, got my initial invite to configure on 3/22, and still have no AWD invite. :( :( :(

At this point I'm pretty sick of waiting. I've told myself if I don't get an invite by Sunday, I'm just gonna order the LR as a Father's day present to myself. I don't want to chance missing the full tax credit, and the 16 week delivery timeline scares me with that.
The last I read, someone who had a 12:30 Eastern time reservation was able to order AWD...so that would only be up to 9:30 Pacific time, 10:30 Mountain time or 11:30 Central time. Once they get up to 10:30 Pacific time, you should get your AWD invite. I'm waiting on 12:46 Mountain time myself...so over an hour and fifteen minutes behind you.

The last I read, someone who had a 12:30 Eastern time reservation was able to order AWD...so that would only be up to 9:30 Pacific time, 10:30 Mountain time or 11:30 Central time. Once they get up to 10:30 Pacific time, you should get your AWD invite. I'm waiting on 12:46 Mountain time myself...so over an hour and fifteen minutes behind you.

Interesting, hadn't heard that yet, thank you very much for the info. Makes me feel better, like I'd be in the next group...but with uncertainty when that might be, it is hard to be patient. :confused:

I see that is working really well for you as you are posting here.... :)

Haha. Yeah, I play that game, too. The issue is that the excitement of some day owning a 3 has worn off. And once that excitement is gone, I'll move on and convince myself that I don't actually need or want it anymore. Let's see how the next few weeks play out.

Definitely hard to wait but don’t give up hope. My wife drives our 2017 Model S most of the time and I want a Tesla for my daily driver. It’s an amazing car to drive, and she didn’t even want to look at Tesla at first. Test drive totally changed her mind. Right now there is no other car out there that I really want.

Interesting, hadn't heard that yet, thank you very much for the info. Makes me feel better, like I'd be in the next group...but with uncertainty when that might be, it is hard to be patient. :confused:
I’ve been trying to track down who gets invited and yes it’s time based with a little wiggle room. Seems east coast went as late as 12:30PM ish and then the last round of invites got 9:30-10AM west coast (12:30-1PM east coast) but I didn’t see more east coast invites.
Supposedly west coast stores opened 30
Min early.
I assumed their was a rush of orders when doors opened and they should move through the day until 8PM East coast relatively quickly.
Once online it could slow down pretty significantly and I was 10:31PM East coast time online...... have my 1st production invite since 1/17/18 but was waiting for white interior and now for AWD

Bunch of people who already configured (more than Tesla expected) had deliveries pushed to July, probably for tax credit preservation. Tesla doesn't need any more configurations for a while I think. When those configurations have been digested Tesla should issue more invitations.