Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So who do I have to sleep with to get FSD beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
I'm doing the monthly subscription thing. I'm about 13 days into it, and been driving like grandma for about 12. My worst score day was 92, but otherwise my overall score is 96, with many days 100 (i've learned to game the system, use autopilot as much as possible, and grip the yoke tight for when it scares the crap out of me following too closely or driving like a teen).
I've heard driving scores may be dumped or lowered to 91.
I don't know what rain dance or shaman to use to get the beta.
i did request the beta the moment FSD activated for me.
Anyone have any thoughts? I know the new beta hit a few days ago, so that seems to cause new updates even for us non beta folks.
a buddy told me tesla rolls out the invites on fridays. It's friday.
I also saw older posts of folks waiting months.
Any ideas? I don't want to opt out and back in, i can't see how that would help.
I also don't plan to keep FSD if i don't get beta this month - it's not sulking, "oh, i'll punish this multibillion dollar company, they won't get my $199 (and possibly tax)" but more like "current fsd kinda sucks eggs" - the only thing i'd really miss is the lane changing and even that i can only do on a few local roads versus highway.
I appreciate any thoughts about this.
thanks!

• Funny
Reactions: gaswalla
The FSD Beta releases are actually a couple of revisions older than what the Non-FSD Beta people get, as they are a separate line of updates. When, and if, you get FSD Beta, you will likely lose some features you recently got. They are expected to merge the code into one line of updates soon instead of maintaining separate update lines. Musk says everyone who bought FSD should receive the "Beta" by the end of the year.

Admission into the FSD Beta program is usually done in "waves" periodically. Right now, I don't think they are opening it up for new users. As @DerbyDave said, Elon (on the last earnings call) mentioned that everyone who has FSD should get into the beta by the end of the year. In the interim, it's anyone's guess on when or if they will let new people in.

I'm a little puzzled why sometimes my safety score will drop a point when it has been 2, 3, or 4 days since I moved the car? I resent the fact that it will ding me for "unsafe following" when I have been on a 10 mile drive, without ever seeing, meeting, following passing, being passed or even seeing another vehicle parked? I am starting to be suspicious that these 2 things may be related to when I pull into my carport, the car goes nuts about the phantom truck, (on my left side, right about where the carport wall is), that winks in and out of existence in this universe, in gray, blue or flashing red colors and after a few moments vanishes back to the domain it came from. . . . .

• Funny
Reactions: johnnycnote
thanks all, from what i read, 2 things - 1) invites apparently come in waves, and 2) i'm wondering if my software is "too new" i.e. if the beta software is included in stuff a few versions behind, might my car have to "unlearn?" or put another way, wait until the next fsd update is an update to my stuff?
i'd be fine with a downgrade (i think) for the beta.
yeah, i got some new tweaks i REALLY like, like always seeing estimated charge at destination that i'd hate to lose, but i'd much rather have the beta.
thanks all!

Reactions: johnnycnote
thanks all, from what i read, 2 things - 1) invites apparently come in waves, and 2) i'm wondering if my software is "too new" i.e. if the beta software is included in stuff a few versions behind, might my car have to "unlearn?" or put another way, wait until the next fsd update is an update to my stuff?
i'd be fine with a downgrade (i think) for the beta.
yeah, i got some new tweaks i REALLY like, like always seeing estimated charge at destination that i'd hate to lose, but i'd much rather have the beta.
thanks all!
Good luck and keep us posted!

no update other than my score is 97. I really wanted "FSD" for 12 hours of driving i have between Wednesday and Thursday, however what I think I read is that the highway is STILL on a different stack, so even if I was privileged to receive beta, it would only be a difference for local streets and not the highway. Sigh.