Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So...who's buying the "enhanced anti-theft" accessory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah the UK car's have had it for a while now it was an option in the config. named "The Security Package" the U.S car's were left to suffer without it...

I won't be purchasing it for our's because lets be honest if someone
REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY wants to steal the car they are going to find a way to take it....(How they would take it is beyond me)

I live in a rural area, so the only time it would be of use is when I go to the Big City.

I guess if somebody breaks the window and steals my stuff, it might decrease the chances they would be able to steal my stuff? The broken window is worth 10x the value of my stuff.

Maybe if it was one of those proximity alarms...

• Funny
Reactions: Akikiki and Dr. J
I got it. No other reason than for a few hundreds bucks, if it works, then it was worth it. Tesla's have the unique ability to simply not work (the irony of saying that) vs hot wiring in an ICE and even skipping the computers in modern cars. If this sensor goes off and doesn't allow the car to move, it's a big brick going no where. Or maybe it was worth the curiosity? Will see when it gets installed.

Reactions: Boom
"Not compatible with any Model S built before September 16, 2015"

Anyone have an idea how to find out the exact day your inventory Model S was built?
My Build Date on the door sticker is "09/15".

Do you have the 12V near the window visor that everyone uses for a dashcam? If so, I believe that is what this wires into and your car can accept this security device.

I am interested but unsure of when I will pull the trigger. I don't know why we don't get glass breakage too like Europe....its annoying.

Reactions: JohnnyG
This is cheaper and works really well :)
wlock.jpeg

Reactions: whitex
If its implemented the same as in Europe it will mean you can’t have it switched on at the same time as cabin overheat protection, and if you have a dashcam wired into the “spare” connector in the overhead console you will need to find a new source of power because that is used for the ultrasonic sensors.
Ah, good call here. So I do have my Blackvue tied up to that 12v connector in the overhead console.

I'm thinking this will do to allow a 2nd power source? (male goes into the existing female connector, and then the 2 new females would service the dashcam and security sensors)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005G3010U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

The enhanced system isn’t intended to prevent the theft of your car. It is intended to alert you when someone breaks the glass to get into your car and steal things.

Annoying that this has been an option since day one in Europe and yet, with the spate of rear corner window breakins in the Bay Area in particular, it has taken 3 years for this to be an option in the States. Neverminding that I installed both interior *and exterior* motion sensing as an aftermarket item into a classic ragtop Corvette in... 1996.

I ordered the enhanced system because I’d like to be informed immediately if someone breaks the glass to gain entry to my car. They’ll already be on candid camera to the cloud, but I’d rather have the opportunity to express my displeasure in person if near enough at the time.

$384 including tax, shipping, and installation is not completely ridiculous, presuming the aesthetics aren’t miserable and that the SvC is able to install it without breaking or damaging anything else in the process. Unlike the LTE upgrade (dented touchscreen bezel), or the steering column replacements (scratched door sill plates), or the... well, suffice it to say it’s a bit of a list.

Two steps forward, one step back. But hey, it’s forward progress in the end.

Being in an area where vehicle break-ins are rampant, I am definitely considering getting this feature installed. It's quite common for crooks in the area to just break the rear quarter panel window and then flip the seats down to see what's in the trunk before proceeding further. Would be great to get an alert if this happens.

Am curious if the install would mean I would have to disable and uninstall my Blackvue (hardwired, clean install).

The enhanced system isn’t intended to prevent the theft of your car. It is intended to alert you when someone breaks the glass to get into your car and steal things.

Annoying that this has been an option since day one in Europe and yet, with the spate of rear corner window breakins in the Bay Area in particular, it has taken 3 years for this to be an option in the States. Neverminding that I installed both interior *and exterior* motion sensing as an aftermarket item into a classic ragtop Corvette in... 1996.

I ordered the enhanced system because I’d like to be informed immediately if someone breaks the glass to gain entry to my car. They’ll already be on candid camera to the cloud, but I’d rather have the opportunity to express my displeasure in person if near enough at the time.

$384 including tax, shipping, and installation is not completely ridiculous, presuming the aesthetics aren’t miserable and that the SvC is able to install it without breaking or damaging anything else in the process. Unlike the LTE upgrade (dented touchscreen bezel), or the steering column replacements (scratched door sill plates), or the... well, suffice it to say it’s a bit of a list.

Two steps forward, one step back. But hey, it’s forward progress in the end.

Ah, good call here. So I do have my Blackvue tied up to that 12v connector in the overhead console.

I'm thinking this will do to allow a 2nd power source? (male goes into the existing female connector, and then the 2 new females would service the dashcam and security sensors)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005G3010U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

It’s no longer a 12v supply - at least that was what I found when I installed my blackvue (with the alarm sensors installed). I ended up running the power for my blackvue back to the rear tailgate opener supply. There are a few threads somewhere on TMC about people installing blackvue’s in Europe, and where they pickup the 12v supply from.