Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So...who's buying the "enhanced anti-theft" accessory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have the 12V near the window visor that everyone uses for a dashcam? If so, I believe that is what this wires into and your car can accept this security device.
My car was built before Sep 2015 but I definitely have that connector, been using it for dash cam. Perhaps cars before Sep 2015 have been sporadically built with/without it and they couldn’t be bothered keeping track, so just made the cutoff date later than necessary.

• Informative
Reactions: JohnnyG
The enhanced system isn’t intended to prevent the theft of your car. It is intended to alert you when someone breaks the glass to get into your car and steal things....
It's both, actually. That's what the tilt / accelerometer sensor is for. If someone tries to tow your car away, the alarm will go off and you will be notified.

From Tesla's Website said:
Increase your vehicle's protection with active sensor technology designed to detect motion inside the cabin as well as sense if the vehicle is moved or tilted.

It’s no longer a 12v supply - at least that was what I found when I installed my blackvue (with the alarm sensors installed). I ended up running the power for my blackvue back to the rear tailgate opener supply. There are a few threads somewhere on TMC about people installing blackvue’s in Europe, and where they pickup the 12v supply from.
Mine is wired to that exact connector and it comes back on the multimeter as 12v for the Blackvue today. Do you mean in new builds its not 12v, or that when they enable the alarm sensors, that it gets somehow changed from 12v to something else?

Maybe those in areas where break-ins are a big deal should stop voting for pro-criminal policies and politicians.

Not prosecuting or no longer calling crime crime doesn't fix anything.
Guess who voted them in? Criminals voting criminals in - sound likes the system is working perfect:rolleyes:

I was in Seattle a couple weeks back and I was accosted repeatedly, by voter registration people who were working the homeless signing them up to vote...I told them I was out of state and they really didn't want my vote...

• Love
Reactions: MXWing
If its implemented the same as in Europe it will mean you can’t have it switched on at the same time as cabin overheat protection, and if you have a dashcam wired into the “spare” connector in the overhead console you will need to find a new source of power because that is used for the ultrasonic sensors.
Makes me wonder what happens if you leave your pet in the car with the A/C on. Can you disable the internal motion sensors...?

Makes me wonder what happens if you leave your pet in the car with the A/C on. Can you disable the internal motion sensors...?
I bet you can't arm it with the AC running.
...I wonder how that’s handled in Europe... perhaps one of our brethren/sistren from across the pond would be so kind as to opine...
It's already been discussed by a few different people from Europe here on TMC. I believe one person from the UK has even mentioned it in this thread already.

You can have one or the other enabled, but not both at the same time. The interior sensors are very sensitive to differential air movement. I'm not sure if the compressor kicking on/off might trigger it as well.

It's already been discussed by a few different people from Europe here on TMC. I believe one person from the UK has even mentioned it in this thread already.

You can have one or the other enabled, but not both at the same time. The interior sensors are very sensitive to differential air movement. I'm not sure if the compressor kicking on/off might trigger it as well.

Cabine Overheat Protection can indeed not be enabled at the same time as the alarm. However, you can turn on climate control remotely and lock the doors. I still don't know it this disables the alarms or not.

Also, can someone tell me what kind of alarm US Teslas do have? If not tilt nor ultrasonic I wonder what's left.

Yes - but you have to remember ro disable the intrusion sensor if dog, wife or children are still in in the car. Additionally, on the European models, if you turn the intrusion sensor off, the next time the car is next powered up, it will be re-enabled.

• Informative
Mine is wired to that exact connector and it comes back on the multimeter as 12v for the Blackvue today. Do you mean in new builds its not 12v, or that when they enable the alarm sensors, that it gets somehow changed from 12v to something else?
The 12V is still there. I guess the issue is that the connector and the cable must be free enough to be connected to the intrusion module, so one would have to be careful about splicing into the these wires. I have attached a couple of photos of the intrusion module wiring on my UK car:

Intrusion wiring 1.jpg

Intrusion wiring 2.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: JohnnyG and Vinc
Guess who voted them in? Criminals voting criminals in - sound likes the system is working perfect:rolleyes:

I was in Seattle a couple weeks back and I was accosted repeatedly, by voter registration people who were working the homeless signing them up to vote...I told them I was out of state and they really didn't want my vote...

Here they are starting to dabble with the idea of pot legalization, used advisory referendums in some populous areas to get out the single issue voters and tilt close elections. I see them preparing the same for 2020 already.

I have already ordered the alarm and for the price it seemed an obvious purchase. The small back window attack has always been a concern of mine when I'm parking in a dense urban city (Chicago, New York, D.C., etc.)

Since most are saying you can have cabin overtemp or the alarm on but not both ... Does anyone know if I'll be able to active the alarm from my app?

Since most are saying you can have cabin overtemp or the alarm on but not both ... Does anyone know if I'll be able to active the alarm from my app?
For my UK car, I don't see any option in the mobile app to turn the alarm off and on. However, the alarm (including intrusion detection) is enabled by default and I can vent and close the sunroof and turn the climate control on/off and alter the temperature. I have vented and closed the sunroof and enabled the climate control and changed the temperature through the app, in both hot and cold weather and none of these actions has triggered the alarm.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Cabine Overheat Protection can indeed not be enabled at the same time as the alarm. However, you can turn on climate control remotely and lock the doors. I still don't know it this disables the alarms or not.

Also, can someone tell me what kind of alarm US Teslas do have? If not tilt nor ultrasonic I wonder what's left.

In the US the only sensor is door or trunk/frunk opening unexpectedly while car is locked. For example if you use the Frunk emergency release method to open the frunk.

It sucks but we neither have the tilt nor ultrasonic sensors. BMW tried putting them in US cars for a while, but apparently culturally in the US cars get towed too often and people love locking their kids/pets in their car.

• Informative
Reactions: JohnnyG and SeBsZ
The 12V is still there. I guess the issue is that the connector and the cable must be free enough to be connected to the intrusion module, so one would have to be careful about splicing into the these wires. I have attached a couple of photos of the intrusion module wiring on my UK car:

View attachment 353607

View attachment 353608
Did you try putting a multimeter on it? I spliced into the cables and couldn’t get a 12v supply from the connector.