TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

So Who's Swapping Their Model S Reservation for a Model X?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by tnawara, Feb 9, 2012.

Tags:
  1. tnawara

tnawara Member

I have about 13.5 hours to finalize my decision, but I'm seriously considering the swap. What are you thinking?

2. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Model X doesn't appeal to me half as much as the Model S. It's a handsome CUV, but it's still a CUV -- lacks the svelte, powerfully long lines of a sedan. And I have no need for the extra seating.

3. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

Same here. We might look into it for my wife though to replace her Acura RDX. The Model X may just be too big though.

4. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

X does look pretty cool, but I'm sticking with the S.

5. tnawara

tnawara Member

Two adults and three kids (11, 13 and 15) here. Although I could get away with the Model S, the Model X fits the bill a bit better.

6. tnawara

tnawara Member

And I've been *very* used to Audi Quattro for the past eight years. I like the idea of AWD more than RWD.

7. mlascano

mlascano S Sig #722

My wife realy wants AWD, we have 3 kids (5yo and 3yo twins) plus frequent visits from family, so Model X fits the bill quite nicely. I do plan to keep the S for me, will discuss with my wife putting in a reservation for an X.

8. Trnsl8r

Trnsl8r S85 since 12/8/12, X90 since 12/20/16

Never been much of an SUV fan, the S has all I need and want. Can't say I'm not a little bit tempted though...

BTW, started a poll on the topic: Are you making a reservation?

9. Iz

Iz EVs are here to stay

Would be great to do a side-by-side comparison with Model S before making a final decision. Most likely however, I will stick with the Model S reservation.

10. goyogi

goyogi Member

I toyed with the idea of going with a Model X but I can't wait another year for one. I do like the extra room yet the Model S will work for 99% of my needs and the X will work for only that time where I might need a little extra room.

11. tnawara

tnawara Member

So, beyond the addition of some space and the AWD with the Model X over the S, my thinking is that I'll also get the benefit of a year of learnings from Model S (the first "from the ground up" Tesla). Argh - only 12 hours to decide.

12. de704

de704 XP268

#12 de704, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
    Model X comes out in 2014 at the earliest (end of 2013). I am going to reserve both. Drive a scaled down 160 S for 2 years than sell it and get the X and a second tax credit, I hope :)

I look at it this way the X is just as fast as the S. Around the same price with more room (I'm 6'7") and with better traction (4WD).

& who know's by 2014 maybe I can buy them both :biggrin:

THE X IS F'n HOT!!

13. Citizen-T

Citizen-T Active Member

The wife watched the live stream with me and was like, "are we reserving one?". I was like, "no, I'm still going to get the S". THEN she's like "well, what about for me?".

SCORE!

14. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I swapped. A Roadster/Model X combination just makes more sense for me (3 largish dogs).

Those who were at the event this evening could reserve. So I did! :)

15. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

It's actually kinda small height and length wise in person. Think more Toyota venza than Q7

16. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

What number did ya get?

17. #17 smoothoperator, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2012
    after seeing that hideous wildebeest known as the Model X I reserved another Model S. I am afraid of what they will come out with next time

18. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Signature #3

19. JOEV1

JOEV1 *****joe

90% sure that I will do the same, for one reason that there is not enough space in my garage. Meanwhile I shall enjoy the Roadster (even more!)
    PS: I liked what I managed to see in the stream... congratulation Tesla!

20. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

Yay Bonnie! And thanks for organizing the pre-party dinner.