Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So you don't have a 2021 "refresh"...who cares, really?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thats what makes being a human so special. The ability to take a subjective situation and share an opinion like its gospel.

To you, the 2020 might be the absolute tits compared to the 2021, and to someone else, vice-versa. For me, lemon or not, hopping from a 2020 SR+ to the 2021 has been nothing short of amazing, FOR ME, PERSONALLY, right down to the minimal crap like the center console. I find wrapping a 50k cars console in 3M a bit like being a teen in a Honda Civic, but hey, THATS MY OPINION, and it might not be yours. Its all good to feel however you feel.

I will say stating any opinion like its fact, especially in this subjective instance, is doo doo. I dont agree with you, and thats ok if I dont. Ok? God? LOL.

You appear to be going off on one for no apparent reason. Like others I was genuinely curious why you would be losing 10-30% of your battery parked overnight. That is not normal by any standard and so the improvement you saw has nothing to do with the refresh spec. Disagree if you like, but that is just a plain and simple fact.

Also what makes you think I would prefer the 2020 model considering I own a 2021? Are you even reading my posts?

Reactions: Gizmo35
Yeah whatever works for you. But earlier you were talking as though the vast improvement was down to the 2021 refresh, which it clearly isn’t. You just had a 2020 lemon as it turns out. I just saw the 10-30% parked overnight loss quoted and thought WTF?
Yes this is what my comment was about until he/she revealed they had a battery issue. To each, their own but people do try to justify their purchases. I do it from time to time convincing myself I really needed something because x,y and z.

Yes this is what my comment was about until he/she revealed they had a battery issue. To each, their own but people do try to justify their purchases. I do it from time to time convincing myself I really needed something because x,y and z.

You appear to be going off on one for no apparent reason. Like others I was genuinely curious why you would be losing 10-30% of your battery parked overnight. That is not normal by any standard and so the improvement you saw has nothing to do with the refresh spec. Disagree if you like, but that is just a plain and simple fact.

Also what makes you think I would prefer the 2020 model considering I own a 2021? Are you even reading my posts?

I didnt mean "you" directly and can see where that could get messed up in context. I mean "you" as "in general". Apologies for feeling singled out.

What one might think is the holy grail, another might think of as being total crap.

As for "going off on one", I find when people opinionate a subjective matter as the only answer, its displeasing. Some might like the 2020 and prior for the chrome, the piano black, and live in Florida, so phantom drain might not be a worry (examples only). For me, I am not a fan of chrome, hated wrapping my center console, and live where its 20 degrees out as I type so in my case, the 2021 has been better, lemon or not, than my 2020 experience. Even without the drain, its still a better experience for me.

I guess in short, people have different likes, needs, etc, and they are all a factor. So, stating something isnt an improvement because one might not need, like, or have ever had an issue, doesnt make the persons' opinion... correct. Its still an opinion., and this thread is 100% all opinion.

I try to talk myself out of major purchases first, personally. There were no cons for me, only pros, so there for, the 2021 was a better option for me, personally, so I shared my story and opinion. Might not be John Doe from Cali's opinion, but Jae from Rhode Island? It sure is! HAHA.

Reactions: Gizmo35