Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So you don't have a 2021 "refresh"...who cares, really?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021 changes are minimal. Heated steering wheel is pointless where I live.

Also, I really want to keep my stealth!!

The changes are minimal if you live in a warm climate, sure.... Californians aren't likely to give much of a *sugar*

If you live somewhere that has colder winters, though, the heated steering wheel is nice. But far more importantly, the heat pump makes a BIG difference to fuel economy in winter.

That isn't a "minimal change" for those of us in colder climates. Not even close

The changes are minimal if you live in a warm climate, sure.... Californians aren't likely to give much of a *sugar*

If you live somewhere that has colder winters, though, the heated steering wheel is nice. But far more importantly, the heat pump makes a BIG difference to fuel economy in winter.

That isn't a "minimal change" for those of us in colder climates. Not even close
We don't know if he heat pump makes a big difference in winter yet. So far we know that it takes too much heat from the battery/motor so you end up with a slow TM3 with poor charging speed.

if only Tesla spec was an actual spec like ISO 9000
ISO means very little TBH. If you have terrible procedures, but they are documented and followed, you meet ISO requirements.
I had some paint issues on my car, with bare metal showing and was told the car was within spec. I was able to influence Tesla and got the fender repainted and some paint repaired (but not all issues properly addressed).

Reactions: mswlogo
I don't care at all really about the cosmetic changes but I do wish my car had the ability to pull heat out of the battery to warm the cabin, that's the biggest win for the update by far. This can make a huge difference in winter efficiency if you preheat the battery before you leave on a cold trip or if you supercharge along your trip. That being said, not something i'd swap my car in for.

If you’re referring to the heat pump...it’s meh. I have the Y and it was a huge deal to ppl cos it’s coming with a heat pump. My 2019 3 heated much faster. The Y takes much longer...obviously this is Tesla so we’re talking about 2 minutes more instead of like seconds and the steering wheel stays cold for a long while. I don’t remember my 2019 steering wheel being that cold after preconditioning.

So the one thing I would appreciate is a heated steering wheel, I didn’t think I needed it with my 2019 3 but I feel it more with my Y. If someone can tell me how to add that, you’ll be a life saver

If you’re referring to the heat pump...it’s meh. I have the Y and it was a huge deal to ppl cos it’s coming with a heat pump. My 2019 3 heated much faster. The Y takes much longer...obviously this is Tesla so we’re talking about 2 minutes more instead of like seconds and the steering wheel stays cold for a long while. I don’t remember my 2019 steering wheel being that cold after preconditioning.

So the one thing I would appreciate is a heated steering wheel, I didn’t think I needed it with my 2019 3 but I feel it more with my Y. If someone can tell me how to add that, you’ll be a life saver
If you had an early 2019 then the steering wheel was made out of real leather, they transitioned to faux leather for the steering wheel ~mid 2019. The real leather was softer, stitching was better (on mine) and I never noticed it was cold. The new one is colder, but I'm not particularly sensitive to cold (hot on the other hand, oof)

• Informative
Reactions: Reborn
If you had an early 2019 then the steering wheel was made out of real leather, they transitioned to faux leather for the steering wheel ~mid 2019. The real leather was softer, stitching was better (on mine) and I never noticed it was cold. The new one is colder, but I'm not particularly sensitive to cold (hot on the other hand, oof)

Wow! I didn’t even think of that. Mine was March 2019 so that makes sense. I notice the coldness so much with the Y, it’s annoying. I never cared about heating steering wheel before this.