Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[SoCal] Looking to get your wheels powder coated? GO TO LUIS AT JR WHEEL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good evening TMC!

I like to give credit where credit is due and this gentleman, Luis, undoubtedly deserves all the credit in the world. Lets talk about a genuine, hard working, reasonable (like really reasonable) shop owner over at JR Wheel! (JRWheel – Garden Grove, CA | Powder Coating | Wheel Repair | Custom Painting)

I was referred by a fellow TMC Member, bnsfengineer (Patrick) to Luis after calling around everywhere for getting my wheels powder coated. Below you will see photos of the process and my experience there. First off, I drove from Santa Monica and he is located towards Anaheim..there was traffic...but I had AP1 so life was great! Not to mention the rain which it held up perfectly in.

I arrived at 5:00 on the dot and he greeted me at the shop door. Below I have written a tutorial on how to get your wheels powder coated at his shop ;)

Step 1: Arrive
IMG_0904.JPG

Step 2: Walk around his shop and admire all the different wheels he has / is painting
IMG_0902.JPG IMG_0906.JPG

Step 3: Setup your wifi hotspot and remotely work from his handy dandy table while your brand new wheels are being put on!
IMG_0905.JPG

Step 4: Watch as he assembles the tire and wheel together (this man worked in the rain for me!)
IMG_0913.JPG IMG_0914.JPGIMG_0910.JPG

Step 5: Make sure to get a picture of him by your new SICK looking Tesla
IMG_0918.JPG

I was out by 6pm! Pro tip: Cash or check only!

Conclusion: All jokes aside, Luis is what I wish for more in life and business...a genuine human being! I told him I would post this on here to let the world know that his services are worth more than just a one time visit from me.

His price was literally half of everyone else in that you usually trade your existing boring non painted wheels for the blacked out ones he has! I was surprised when he already had gloss black cyclones ready to be installed. Talk about customer service!

My call to action here is that if you are interested in getting your wheels painted, balanced, and replaced, Luis is YOUR GUY. Make sure when you call him to setup a time that you say Chris sent you! He loves the Tesla fam and is eager to do more (not to mention he painted Mark from RPM Tesla's wheels and Patricks likewise!)

I'll get some more pics when the weather clears up / daytime, but in the meantime if you have any questions or comments feel free to leave a comment below! I'll be purchasing either black lug caps or gorilla lugs to replace the chrome ones and then have the full RPM chrome delete on the way in the next two weeks or so. Vader here I come :)