Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SoCal: March 2015 P85D, like new unicorn

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this is an old thread, but what % Photosync is that? It looks darker than all the other 35's I've seen. I want to tint my new Model 3 but I'm afraid Photosync 35 won't be dark/black enough.

iirc
35 on side door glass and liftgate glass
55 on all other glass

all black interior, white exterior and lighting conditions in photos makes it seem darker.

If you want “can’t see inside/the-driver dark” you won’t achieve that with photosync

Last edited:
The term "unicorn" as applied to a P85D with the Plus suspension has been floating around for quite some time now.....you should check facts before heckling someone else.
P85D's made from introduction (Oct 2014?) until May or June 2015 had the + suspension (I got one of the last ones before the changeover - IIRC the change occurred around at the same time as Tech Package was discontinued and AP separated out into a $2,500 option). P90D was introduced in last quarter of 2015, so the + suspension on P85D was offered about half the period it was manufactured. I have it, I love it, really glad I got it, but I don't know that I would call it a unicorn because of the + suspension. Of course with options and production changes almost all the time, almost every Tesla from that time was a unicorn (options were changing often, they were unbundled so you could create a myriad of different configurations, hence any one particular configuration is rare).

Last edited: