Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SoCal Model Y Tint Recommendations / Group Buys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m taking delivery of my Model Y White/White tomorrow in Palm Springs. I’m planning on doing all-around tint due to our extreme desert heat. My Google Fu failed me in finding Tesla-specific feedback on local tint shops or any Model Y group buys for tinting in SoCal. Willing to travel to San Diego/LA-area, if necessary, for quality and/or price.

Anyone familiar with a Group Buy for Model Y tint in SoCal?
Anyone have feedback on PS-area tint shops with Tesla experience?
Thoughts on Photosync IRD?

Not a group buy, but Elite Finish in San Diego has discounts for Military/1st Responders if you fall into that category. They did Ben Sullins Y (You Tuber) and do incredible work. Check out their Instagram account. Taking my Model Y there for full PPF/ Tint/ Ceramic coating interior and exterior.

I’m taking delivery of my Model Y White/White tomorrow in Palm Springs. I’m planning on doing all-around tint due to our extreme desert heat. My Google Fu failed me in finding Tesla-specific feedback on local tint shops or any Model Y group buys for tinting in SoCal. Willing to travel to San Diego/LA-area, if necessary, for quality and/or price.

Anyone familiar with a Group Buy for Model Y tint in SoCal?
Anyone have feedback on PS-area tint shops with Tesla experience?
Thoughts on Photosync IRD?
I used Monumental workx in San Diego. (Photosync IRD 45% for front 2 windows and 70% for the rest)

Reactions: DennyL
Group Buy Begins July 1, 2020 - September 30, 2020.
Current Group Buy Prices are as follows.

Tint: FULL VEHICLE Includes 4 Doors, Quartes, Windshield, and Rear Glass in One Piece. MUST tint the ENTIRE vehicle in order to qualify for the Group Buy Price.

LLumar CTX: $800
LLumar IRX: $950

LLUMAR PLATINUM PAINT PROTECTION FILM: Bumper, Fenders, Mirrors, Headlights + Hood
Full-Frontal: $1300

Chrome Delete: $600

ALL PRICES ARE CASH PRICES. FOR DEBIT/ CREDIT TRANSACTIONS TAXES WILL BE APPLIED.

*TWO SERVICES ARE REQUIRED IN ORDER TO LOCK IN THE PRICE* MODEL S , MODEL 3 and MODEL Y ONLY

A NON - REFUNDABLE deposit is required to book your appointment, via venmo as availability is minimal.

MUST RESCHEDULE 72 HOURS IN ADVANCE (3 DAYS) BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT. IN THE EVENT OF A NO SHOW, OR CANCELATION THE DEPOSIT WILL BE FORFEITED.

Thank you in advance for considering Rodz Tint SHOP.

If you are interested in participating, please email [email protected] or call 714-760-4228

I can vouch for Elite Finish Detailing in San Diego. Kevin was fantastic on going over options and keeping me informed. They have a lot of experience with Teslas and high end cars. I got several quotes from the big players in town and Elite Finish was competitive and fair. The important thing was the work was excellent.

Work:
PPF: full front (tinted headlights), mirrors, 4 doors, and luggage strip
Tint: 3M color stable and crystalline: windshield and windows (did not do the roof or rear)
Ceramic: entire exterior
Wrapped the Tesla Badges.
Center console Matte PPF

Very happy with their work.

Can post better pictures later:

03B7C2CB-FE94-4CC0-8327-451036CD268E_1_105_c.jpeg
5D28D916-30E1-4F5C-9CE0-EF3C6A102881_1_105_c.jpeg
CCE8C6A5-932F-43F1-8E50-DAD6E2F4FE66_1_105_c.jpeg