Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SoCal power frunk upgrades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys...
This is unrelated to Calabasas SC, but it may be of interest to So. California Tesla owners...

A company called Yahasun, based in Northern California, will be coming to So. California next week for a few days.

They install automatic Frunk openers, which will open and close your Frunk via the phone app, interior screen (simply tap on Frunk, and frunk will not only open, but lift up. Tap again, it'll automatically "soft" close) and even via voice command.

Don't work for them, or get anything out of this, other then to let anyone know that if they've wanted an automatic frunk opener but perhaps weren't mechanically inclined, and didn't want to install it themself (guilty), Yahasun will be in our area for three or four days, installing at Superstations.

You can contact them at 408 883-1999 and speak with Wendy! She's very friendly and very responsive!

This thread doesn't seem to be getting any attension, but for the sake of completion and info for anyone interested....

Meet Wendy from Yahasun today at the Granada Hills Supercharger.

She and her dad completed the installation of the power Frunk in less then 45 minutes. They covered the body of the car whenever they were working on a particular area.

Her dad also noticed that behind a small round cut-out on the front bumper, there were no wires!

These wires are used to connect a battery, should your internal, small battery go dead! It allows you to open the hood, trunk, etc. in the event of battery failure.

He was nice enough to fish the wires out from where they were concealed, and locate them in the correct spot.

Overall, great job and customer service!

Here's the original thread with prices and their ad: Anyone familiar with Yahasun Auto Frunk?
0245088a-39d6-49f5-9067-9361a0ccba47-jpeg.797212

I think they're currently making their way across LA with appointments with some of the folks who signed up in previous thread and will be stopping by West LA on their way back from San Diego before heading back up to the Bay Area (if I'm remembering correctly).

Had seen the original thread, forgot about it, then saw your post yesterday, got in touch and managed to get installation taken care of today, so thanks for the post! 👍

• Helpful
Reactions: Jz77 and Sushi
Had seen the original thread, forgot about it, then saw your post yesterday, got in touch and managed to get installation taken care of today, so thanks for the post! 👍
I think an Auto Frunk is about the most useful mod you can get for a Tesla!

It just makes the Frunk so much more useful! I find putting grocery bags in the frunk easier and more convenient than in the truck, where they can tip over and spill everything. The Frunk is the perfect size to hold two or three full grocery bags!

You can also put wet, sandy towels and bathing suite after a trip to the beach in the frunk, or toss take out in there and it won't stink up your car!

Glad you were able to have it installed!

Reactions: mckmas8808
Great stuff! I'm sure the Frunk install does not void any kind of Tesla Warranty, but I question where I would go if it has problems and needs maintenance? Surely it is a somewhat complicated mechanism that Tesla SC would not touch? But it IS Cool👍

I forgot to add in my initial message, text Wendy and she will contact you next week to schedule an appointment.
I asked about maintence and since they are in NoCal, they will provide support (as much as feasible until they come back down again). I have read others having problems with support with one of the other openers, e.g hood being out of alignment, but suspect these might be related to the latch install (but could be incorrect). Anyways, with them doing the install, this should resolve the latch alignment issue.

They came to my house and installed last week. It took them less than 1.5 hours. Frunk works well. Not as consistent unless you do it from the key fob though. Trunk works well with the foot swipe too. Love 'em-- I'm a happy camper.

Frunk works well. Not as consistent unless you do it from the key fob though.
Interesting that you aren't finding it consistent.

I don't have a key fob, so I only open my frunk using either the large screen in the car, or my phone app. I generally close the funk using the light/button combo inside the frunk, if I'm outside, or the screen if I"m inside of the car.

Wonder if the consistency has to do with which Tesla you have it installed on? I have a Model Y.

Not questioning your experience, but mine has honestly worked flawlessly.

I also appreciate how it gives confirms that the frunk is fully closed after it closes, by gently pushing up on it to make sure it's securely latched closed.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Interesting that you aren't finding it consistent.

I don't have a key fob, so I only open my frunk using either the large screen in the car, or my phone app. I generally close the funk using the light/button combo inside the frunk, if I'm outside, or the screen if I"m inside of the car.

Wonder if the consistency has to do with which Tesla you have it installed on? I have a Model Y.

Not questioning your experience, but mine has honestly worked flawlessly.

I also appreciate how it gives confirms that the frunk is fully closed after it closes, by gently pushing up on it to make sure it's securely latched closed.
X Plaid.