Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SoCal Recommendations for Opticoat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone! I'm taking delivery of my 75D on Saturday in Burbank, CA and I'd like to know if anyone has a good recommendation for a good Opticoat installer in SoCal - specifically the San Gabriel Valley. Also, should I do the entire car, or just the front? I'm mainly concerned about chips from driving on the freeway.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hello mhw23 and all,
My husband and I highly recommend Transhine Auto Detailing. They are located @ 15130 E. Whittier, Whittier. Calif. 90603.
Their phone number is (562) 6935619. We had Xpel applied to entire front & rear view mirrors of our 90D. OptiCoat Pro was then applied to the whole car. It's beautiful! We also had the windows tinted. Ask for Jesus or Bill. There are many options. You won't be disappointed.

Hi everyone! I'm taking delivery of my 75D on Saturday in Burbank, CA and I'd like to know if anyone has a good recommendation for a good Opticoat installer in SoCal - specifically the San Gabriel Valley. Also, should I do the entire car, or just the front? I'm mainly concerned about chips from driving on the freeway.

Thanks in advance for your help!

If your looking for protection against chips, OptiCoat won't prevent chipping. A better option would be a clear bra to help cushion impacts on the forward facing surfaces of the car.

Happy to send you a quote, we are located in north san diego county

As Tim mentioned if you're concerned with chips, Opticoat won't help at all. For that you want a paint protection film (PPF) aka clear bra, the stuff that phone skins use as a scratch protectant. Films from prestige, Xpel, Suntek, etc.

Opticoat will help with swirls and making the car easier to wash but won't do anything for rocks and chips.