TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

SoCal Recommendations for Opticoat

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by mhw23, Sep 19, 2016.

1. mhw23

mhw23 Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Hi everyone! I'm taking delivery of my 75D on Saturday in Burbank, CA and I'd like to know if anyone has a good recommendation for a good Opticoat installer in SoCal - specifically the San Gabriel Valley. Also, should I do the entire car, or just the front? I'm mainly concerned about chips from driving on the freeway.

Thanks in advance for your help!
  2. Miss. T

Miss. T New Member

Sep 19, 2016
    San Gabriel Valey
    Hello mhw23 and all,
    My husband and I highly recommend Transhine Auto Detailing. They are located @ 15130 E. Whittier, Whittier. Calif. 90603.
    Their phone number is (562) 6935619. We had Xpel applied to entire front & rear view mirrors of our 90D. OptiCoat Pro was then applied to the whole car. It's beautiful! We also had the windows tinted. Ask for Jesus or Bill. There are many options. You won't be disappointed.
  3. If your looking for protection against chips, OptiCoat won't prevent chipping. A better option would be a clear bra to help cushion impacts on the forward facing surfaces of the car.

Happy to send you a quote, we are located in north san diego county
  4. GarrickS

GarrickS Member

Apr 5, 2016
    Inglewood, CA
    I'm getting my opticoat tomorrow morning by New Era Detail. He's mobile. I'll let you know how it goes!
  5. shokunin

shokunin P85 & S40

Feb 28, 2012
    Irvine, CA
    As Tim mentioned if you're concerned with chips, Opticoat won't help at all. For that you want a paint protection film (PPF) aka clear bra, the stuff that phone skins use as a scratch protectant. Films from prestige, Xpel, Suntek, etc.

Opticoat will help with swirls and making the car easier to wash but won't do anything for rocks and chips.