TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

SoCal Roadster Rally... soon?

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by Roadster, Nov 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Roadster

Roadster Member

It's been over :eek: six years since the last one... so just sayin' ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. rudholm

rudholm Member

Sounds like it's time for another. We can't let the NorCal folks have all the fun.

• Like x 1
  3. EricUSC

EricUSC Member

I'm down for one!

• Like x 1
  4. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

We have about a few active Roadster members at OC Tesla.

We've had thoughts of doing one the past few years... Have to figure out where and when... (and hope it doesn't rain.)

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  5. rudholm

rudholm Member

I noticed that there isn't a Los Angeles group. OC, Ventura, Inland Empire, etc. But nothing for those of us who live more or less in the middle of the LA region. I know we exist, since I counted about six Roadsters at the Torrance SC last month and I sometimes see one parked in the SAG-AFTRA parking structure, and indeed, I even saw one on the 10 yesterday morning...

6. Gary1M

Gary1M Member

Count me in!

• Like x 1
  7. ViviV

ViviV Member

Why are there police in the top picture?

8. rudholm

rudholm Member

Either they were interested in the assembly of neat cars or someone had the good sense to invite them to the event. I invite the local police to my BBQs. It's the neighborly thing to do.

• Like x 2
  9. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

We've been talking about this since the NorCal guys have been posting Skittles Run pictures!

10. Gary1M

Gary1M Member

You’re right! I have to believe we have enough SoCal Roadsters to do our own Skittles Run (or at least a M&M’s Run)

• Like x 2
  11. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

What do you mean no LA club? TeslaClubLA - The Los Angeles Tesla Owners Club

12. Tesla 940

Tesla 940 Member

That was ME !

13. rudholm

rudholm Member

#13 rudholm, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    Oh cool. Yeah, that was me waving from the Glacier Blue 2.0 (#693) as I took the 101 to Mission to try to get around whatever that was that had the northbound 5 at a standstill. I guess it must have been an accident or something? I was probably only several cars behind you in that long queue and didn't know it until I decided to go around.

14. rudholm

rudholm Member

#14 rudholm, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    Interesting. That group doesn't appear in the list of California groups: | Tesla Motors Club
    or the master clubs list: CLUBS

Is there some other way one is meant to discover it? I searched around for a bit looking for an LA group (or club?), must have overlooked it.

15. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

Interesting and strange. If you look at my info to the left of this posting, there are the little membership icons. The third one from the left is the Official TMC Icon for TeslaClubLA. So TMC definitely knows we/they exist. In fact it was one of the first clubs to be officially recognized by Tesla.

16. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

As one of the lead organizers for the OC Club. It's up to each club to sign the extra paperwork to commit to TMC's Club listing (as opposed to the Groups listings)...

For those interested, there are four official Tesla Owners Clubs in Southern California (listed on Tesla's website here - https://www.tesla.com/support/tesla-owners-club-directory) TMC also has a clubs listing.

The OC Tesla Club (now known as the Tesla Owners Club of Orange County is listed and signed on to both Tesla AND TMC's club...

Each agreement has its own stipulations... The organizers of OC decided to agree to both terms...

17. Mark77a

Mark77a Member

Interested - although from UK, we are visiting LA & San Diego this month, and love to hear about SoCal Roadster experiences. (I'd park the rental well out of the way :) )

18. Mark77a

Mark77a Member

Thanks for reaching out @AEdennis - looks like we'll miss it by a few days (and a few miles, in San Diego). Still looking forward to seeing lots of pix - here, on the flipside, TMC :)

19. Roadster

Roadster Member

Bumping this thread in response to this one here. The next RPV Peninsula Seniors' C&C is on Saturday, March 3 @ 7:30am:

Peninsula Seniors' "Coffee & Cars"

Might have to be more of a "gathering" than a "rally" since it's pretty remote but it could be fun to pay a visit to that car show and then perhaps cruise Palos Verdes Dr. before dispersing:

LA Scenic Drive #5

20. Stewie26

Stewie26 Supporting Member

That would be cool. It is a very scenic drive around the Palos Verdes coastline. Here are a few photos.[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also, if people wanted to stop for Brunch there is the five star Terranea resort pictured below. They have four restaurants there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like x 1