Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SocalGas & SGIP for 3 PW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you link me to where this language is? to define the 15 kW "peak annual demand" for 3x Powerwalls?

My large-scale SGIP was submitted this way, and PG&E didn't seem to say anything. I can't find language that says the minimum actually experienced is 15,000 kW in an hour.

My greenbutton data peaked at 11.5 kW used in an hour through chance; I didn't realize I had to try and hit 15 kW.

View attachment 640081
You got lucky!!

Reactions: af88
You would have to contact PG&E to get that, I contacted SocalGas and got an email response. Also it is 15kW/h not 15000kW.

If you submitted it there is a chance they will reject it if it was recent.

Yeah I had to go back into my form to re-create it... it was 11.547 I mistyped just now.

But I can't find any actual language in the SGIP docs talking about this 5kW per Powerwall minimum.

Dude if I miss out on my large-scale SGIP because of this 15 kW greenbutton thing... my brain cannot comprehend this level of sneaky BS since NOWHERE on the entire form/process is it mentioned.

There's a disclaimer about restricting eligible TOU rates for residential large-scale storage, but not this peak annual demand thing.

upload_2021-2-25_16-55-18.png

If you want spare yourself the headache just give them a call or email them to avoid wasting money on the form and submitting it to only get it rejected. I know that is one stipulation to get the credit there is others as well.

Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E)
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (877) 743-4112

My form was submitted about a month ago. It's a "three step" submission process and I was told I was in the middle of step 2. These submission steps should not be confused with the tranche of money release for the program which also occurs in steps.

Dude if I miss out on my large-scale SGIP because of this 15 kW greenbutton thing... my brain cannot comprehend this level of sneaky BS since NOWHERE on the entire form/process is it mentioned.

There's a disclaimer about restricting eligible TOU rates for residential large-scale storage, but not this peak annual demand thing.

View attachment 640082
I just posted how I , and others I have read, were rejected if green button data was not equal or more than kwh per 5K per PW. 2 or less they do not care.

Reactions: af88
My form was submitted about a month ago. It's a "three step" submission process and I was told I was in the middle of step 2. These submission steps should not be confused with the tranche of money release for the program which also occurs in steps.
Well, have you gotten an actually acceptance from SGIP that you have been allocated money? Unless you get that letter, nothing is final

It will take time, at least on my first 2 PW it took 8 months before i received it. It is not a quick process by any means and with Covid it is probably taking even longer and most solar companies are out of stock on the PW so what ever was installed is in the queue. Wonder if they will have any funds left if any.

The program is supposed to get replenished i believe by June this year.

Concur, was told the same, green button data is required for 3 or more, 2 they don't care.

You might get lucky and slip through the crack but they are more diligent these days apparently

Have you seen how many problems I've encountered trying to get this system? I think at this point I have a better chance of Patricia Poppe (PG&E's CEO) coming to my house to punch me in the face than I do having something go in my favor.

I'm sorry I have not followed the pains you have gone through. If it makes you feel any better I'm still waiting for an issue to get resolved with my system and it has been over a year and a half, but that is the fault of the solar company.

I'm applying under the large-scale-residential program...
May not matter then since you are not getting 100% money.
I'm applying under the large-scale-residential program...
What percentage of cost are you applying for? Maybe there is nothing other than one wants to spend more money than 2, and the LSR still have some money left for a percentage of the purchase.