Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah, this is so frustraiting, because without Elon's comments I would think everything would be positive and on the move up... but now I just don't know how to read this.

Plus we have Cramer still recommending the stock which he has been a contrarian indicator for so long that I feel like that is also a negative hit.

But we have the PT upgrade from Global Equities, The news itself was outstanding, and we are executing step for step exactly as we should be... So there is nothing that has changed about the company itself. Stock, just hold. That's easy... but Options??? Gosh, I don't know.

I think if I can get at least 10$ on my Sept 20 @ 280 I am going to take half off the table just so I can get my initial investment back at this point, and then just hold the rest so at least I don't run the risk of losing everything should we take a nose dive. I might even buy a really cheap put out there at like the 270 or lower strike just to hedge a bit.

Actually.. I think GER has retracted and clarified its comments about gigafactory 2 and 3 etc. since Elon has confirmed that NV will be the only one, no further plans...

They did, but they still threw out a 360 PT in their correct based on a 60B value for just the one gigafactory. Seems a little optimistic, but at least we have that going in our favor...

I just did, for next week. I think we will see 290 again very soon. Warning: don't do what I do. :)

Well, I am now holding on both sides of this game... as long as we break through one side of this or the other I should be fine. I will be much happier if we go up, since I still stand to profit much better in this direction, but should the price crash off (sub 260) I will at the very least come out at a break even overall which I will be fine with (maybe a little positive). So my hope is we either see 295 or 260... Which I will give you is a huge spread... so in the absolute worse case I end up with half of my investment when I started messing with the Sept 20 options, since I took that off the table completely... So I won't completely lose everything... but this was NOT the top I was hoping/planning for...

Also, should probably not do what I do at this point either... but we are both still holding out for a recovery and rise... here is hoping.

I wonder at times like this if Elon's comments are in fact very strategic, perhaps an attempt to temper exuberance to curtail wild swings. Of course we all want it to go up, up up, but perhaps he has seen enough to know that if it goes up too fast it could too easily collapse catastrophically.

I wonder at times like this if Elon's comments are in fact very strategic, perhaps an attempt to temper exuberance to curtail wild swings. Of course we all want it to go up, up up, but perhaps he has seen enough to know that if it goes up too fast it could too easily collapse catastrophically.

He often says that the price action is distracting, and he doesn't want it to be a 'mood barometer' for his employees, which it obviously must be.

Sometimes I think he makes those comments to benefit his employees (long term) who make scheduled purchases as part of a SPP. He knows it will be worth much much more 5-10 years from now, and he wants his employees to accumulate as much as possible with their weekly contributions now, and reap the benefits later.

He often says that the price action is distracting, and he doesn't want it to be a 'mood barometer' for his employees, which it obviously must be.

Sometimes I think he makes those comments to benefit his employees (long term) who make scheduled purchases as part of a SPP. He knows it will be worth much much more 5-10 years from now, and he wants his employees to accumulate as much as possible with their weekly contributions now, and reap the benefits later.

His employees who scheduled to exercise options must hate him for talking down the stock price.

I think he said it just because he has a big mouth, anyone remember he said that Germany model S sales will exceed 10k this year?

He did successfully wade the waters of TWO companies through the dot com era. So this could very likely be it. He doesn't want the stock to completely bubble up and away.

I had said quite a few times we were due for some kind of decent correction. I was just hoping and planning for us to hit 300 before it happened. With no real negative news happenings any pull back that occurs is certainly a buy signal for common stock if anyone is in the market. As much as those of us doing options do not want it to happen, we could see a decent pullback over the next couple of days/weeks.

I am still holding out for a return back to 290+ within September, but if we don't see that then I won't be surprised.

He did successfully wade the waters of TWO companies through the dot com era. So this could very likely be it. He doesn't want the stock to completely bubble up and away.

I had said quite a few times we were due for some kind of decent correction. I was just hoping and planning for us to hit 300 before it happened. With no real negative news happenings any pull back that occurs is certainly a buy signal for common stock if anyone is in the market. As much as those of us doing options do not want it to happen, we could see a decent pullback over the next couple of days/weeks.

I am still holding out for a return back to 290+ within September, but if we don't see that then I won't be surprised.

didn't we just had a break out from a 6 months long correction?

His employees who scheduled to exercise options must hate him for talking down the stock price.

Why? if they are excercising options to convert to stock in order to hold, they likely have a purchase price on those options waaaaaay lower than where we are right now. Most of these options were put in at a cost basis of less than 200 (some even lower than that). They are also not very likely to be selling the stock itself (or would sell very little of it).

Option exercise is not the same as a stock sell.