Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Media and Posts on here starting to give me anxiety.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess someone woke up on the wrong side of the crank shaft.
Why is that? It is true that the Tesla delivery experience isn't a "white glove" experience. If you desire to be pampered during your vehicle pickup, buy a luxury brand ev. My experience was fine, though because I arrived without a certified check, it took a bit longer for the site manager to release the car based on a pre-approved credit union document. Some buyers never even interact with a person and just walk up to the vehicle and drive off.

Reactions: rpiotro
How did your delivery go?
The weather did not cooperate, as it was pouring rain. The Tesla staff were courteous and efficient. There were just a few forms to sign. I noticed in some YouTube videos that some customers walked through a parking lot and looked for their name on the dashboard but my car was pulled up front. I did not have a chance to thoroughly inspect the car because of the rain but I did make a video of the exterior. I did not realize until after I was a few miles down the road that the car was only charged to 30% and home was 86 miles away. I assumed the car would be delivered close to fully charged, like a full tank of gas. This gave me the opportunity to use the charging network for the first time, which was very easy. When the rain stopped and I was able to closely inspect the car, everything looked good and I could not find any problems with the fit and finish. I test-drove several EVs and I'm very happy with the Tesla M3 RWD. I'm also glad I took delivery before the federal tax rebate changes.
Betty White delivery day.jpg

Now you need to "accessorize" your car! First thing after all weather floor mats is getting some ceramic tint on the roof, back and side glass!
I ordered floor mats in advance and brought them to the dealership. The day after I got the car I took it in to have PPF put on the front bumper and rocker panels and the entire vehicle color corrected and ceramic coated. I've bought a few interior accessories to lean into the satin white interior such as a white center armrest cover and console wrap, and a white and black leather steering wheel cover. I am also adding speakers with a subwoofer to replicate the premium sound found in the performance model.

Reactions: BitJam
I ordered floor mats in advance and brought them to the dealership. The day after I got the car I took it in to have PPF put on the front bumper and rocker panels and the entire vehicle color corrected and ceramic coated. I've bought a few interior accessories to lean into the satin white interior such as a white center armrest cover and console wrap, and a white and black leather steering wheel cover. I am also adding speakers with a subwoofer to replicate the premium sound found in the performance model.
How much was the PPF if you don’t mind me asking. I’ve investigated, but all my price quotes were too high to justify something that doesn’t add to the resale value.

Late to the party, but I bought mine in December of 2020. This was the easiest delivery ever. I signed one form, hooked up my phone and took off. i wasn't at the dealer more than 15 minutes. Gone are the days of 4 hour negotiations and then a fight in F/I over extended warranties, service plans, nitrogen filled tires and the like. Car was flawless except for one spec of sand on the paint which was fixed when I had the PPF/ceramic done.

How much was the PPF if you don’t mind me asking. I’ve investigated, but all my price quotes were too high to justify something that doesn’t add to the resale value.
PPF on front bumper, headlights and rocker panels was $900. I've never had PPF put on a car before but this is by far the most expensive vehicle I have ever purchased, plus flat front bumper of a white Model 3 is like an insect display box.

Reactions: 42M3
The day after I got the car I took it in to have PPF put on the front bumper and rocker panels and the entire vehicle color corrected and ceramic coated.
I have 52k miles on my 21 3LR AWD now. Mostly driving on the US interstate system above 70MPH. I never had PPF or the car ceramic coated. I have only hand washed it. Are there rock chips on the hood and lower rocker panels? Yes. Would I have added PPF to the car if I had to do it again? No. The chips are so small and unnoticeable it isn't worth the money as a daily driver (110+miles daily). The 2 best aftermarket items I added to the car are the all-weather mats to prevent the sub-par carpet from wearing/stinking and absorbing moisture and the 30% xpel ceramic tint on all windows except the front to keep the sun and heat at bay in the Florida sun.

I have 52k miles on my 21 3LR AWD now. Mostly driving on the US interstate system above 70MPH. I never had PPF or the car ceramic coated. I have only hand washed it. Are there rock chips on the hood and lower rocker panels? Yes. Would I have added PPF to the car if I had to do it again? No. The chips are so small and unnoticeable it isn't worth the money as a daily driver (110+miles daily). The 2 best aftermarket items I added to the car are the all-weather mats to prevent the sub-par carpet from wearing/stinking and absorbing moisture and the 30% xpel ceramic tint on all windows except the front to keep the sun and heat at bay in the Florida sun.
but the majority of sunlight comes through the front windshield.

I have a Model 3 on order and decided to look on Social Media and on here to get a sense of how Delivery would go. I fell down a rabbit hole of horror stories and terrible Service Center experiences and am now I am starting to second guess even going through with purchasing the car. I know there are a lot of people on Social Media that like to put Tesla down. I mean some of them were clearly fake or lying. But I found a lot on here that seem truthful. As a first time buyer, it has definitely given me anxiety about what is to come. Does anyone have a great experience they can share? Are the bad experiences the norm? Hopefully everything goes smoothly.
Always remember that people are FAR more prone to complain about the bad then they are to praise the good - ESPECIALLY in cyberspace.

Is Tesla perfect? Nope. But I love my car and wouldn't want anything different.

Always remember that people are FAR more prone to complain about the bad then they are to praise the good - ESPECIALLY in cyberspace.

True

• Customers who have a bad experience are twice to three times more likely to write an angry review than customers who had a great experience are to post a happy review.
  • One negative review online (when not countered by positive reviews) can cost up to 30 new customers.
  • It takes 12 positive reviews to cancel out the nasty side effects of just one negative review.”

If you really want to feel angst, ask people about their experiences at car dealerships.

Here, I’ll start: while negotiating price, the salesman screams “you want me to take the food out of my children’s mouths??” To which I replied “better your kids than mine”

We didn’t buy a car that day.

Reactions: BitJam and nate704
Don't purchase the car. If you want the "white glove" experience from a dealer, buy a Lexus, Mercedes or Porche. Picking up a Tesla from a Service center is more akin to picking up your iPhone from an apple store. Get it, get out.
Picked up my RWD just about a month ago and I agree with this comment 100%, definitely not like the local BMW dealership.
It's like picking your car up from a fancy Firestone repair center.
Also I felt like the workers there were nice but tired from having to deal with the Karens of the world, as would I

Reactions: blackT3$!@ and SO16
Add me to the mixed emotions list of the Tesla experience. I've bought 3 in the last 18 months. The 2021 Y was the best delivery experience. It was pretty much right from the factory. The Y was a total letdown after the delivery experience. Phantom braking plagued that car until I sold it and the subsequent owner still has issues there.

My S and 3, not so much. I was actually appalled at how bad my S was given it was a 100k car. The door gap was so bad on the driver's side, that if I were to continue to open it, it would have caused much more damage. While the delivery guy was there, I called to get a service appt. I had to wait over a month to get it fixed, along with other issues like a hood alignment so bad water was pooling in the frunk from driving it to my house in the rain. I won't go down all my list of issues.

The 3 was somewhere in between. A lot of mostly minor issues but I sort of counted myself lucky when compared to my S. One of the wheels ws curbed but I didn't notice (rain again) until later. The car had just sat in the drive for a few days and Tesla wouldn't fix it as it was outside their window of time yet the mileage was the same as when they dropped it off.

Heaven help you if you are ever in an accident and need bodywork done on a Tesla. You can be looking at months to get it repaired.

So for delivery, I give Tesla 1 out of 3. If I could take away points for my S, and make Tesla negative, I would.