Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Media and Posts on here starting to give me anxiety.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully they don't get your car torn down, and then realize they need another part they didn't plan for. Then you are stuck with your car in the shop and don't know when the part will come in.

Even if you have rental car coverage, normally they will have a 30 day max for a rental.

Good luck!

I can see that. I did work a car manufacturer so I have a pretty good idea of what truly should be in spec and what isn't. I shouldn't have a gap bigger than my thumb between the hood and bumper.

Hopefully Tesla will get there sh!t together before it is too late.

Hopefully they don't get your car torn down, and then realize they need another part they didn't plan for. Then you are stuck with your car in the shop and don't know when the part will come in.
We've been going to this guy for 30 years for a reason. He did remove the bumper cover to check for hidden damage then put it back on so the car is completely drivable. I'll bring it back once he has the parts and paint.

Even if my rental coverage ran out, he would let me keep driving the car he loaned me.

Many years ago, we had taken my wife's van in to be looked at and left it with him. He gave us a Toyota Sequoia to drive while he worked on the van. We never returned it. Over a month after we picked it up, we went back and paid for it. He never worried about it.

He will talk us out of repairs if they aren't necessary.

Like I said, there's a reason we keep going back to him (even though we moved a bit away).

Great that you have someone so good you can trust. Others are not so lucky.
It’s exactly things like this and your experience that have me reconsidering. 😮‍💨 The nearest Service Center is no where near me and if I have Issues I’d really be in trouble. I’ve wanted a Tesla for some time now. But it just becomes a bit much when almost everyone I know keeps telling me all of these negative things that will happen that they’ve heard about or read about. I mean I went into this knowing there might be some minor cosmetic issues that would be resolved at delivery and I have no expectation of mm perfect gaps as some people wish to have. But people would have you believe your going to be in the Service Center every other week. But thanks everyone who has given me your positive stories. Hopefully I can keep my fears in check until delivery day.

Last edited:
I've elaborated about some of my delivery experiences so far. While my S was the most hassle at delivery, it is the Tesla I like the most of the ones I own. The Y was the smoothest and unless they make significant changes, I'll never buy another one. I think my 3 is the best daily driver I've ever owned with the caveat of no cooled/ventilated seats for hot days.

Would I buy another S or 3 if something happened to them? I am not sure about that. Removal of radar and parking sensors from the S are a big issue to me. My S has had absolutely no phantom braking (PB) events and I have stayed on the last SW version that supports the radar. No "improvements" are worth the risk of the horrendous PB I experienced with my Y.

There is no way the current TeslaVision implementation to assist parking will be as good as have the sensors for parking. It just isn't going to happen. Anyone bothering to buy FSD now, without the sensors, will be shafted for a long time because you won't be able to do summons, use the parking assist, etc. FSD is just a cash cow for Tesla and a horrendous deal for us. It was a rip-off at 10k and even worse at 15k.

I like my 3 a lot. It had some issues at delivery but all in all it has been a good car so far. It does seem to be scared of some shadows on AP. If this car didn't have the parking sensors with my wife driving it, the nose of the car would look like the face of most of Mike Tyson's opponents when he was in his prime. We would have suffered thousands of dollars in damages without them. Removing the sensors without have a viable replacement already worked out is atrocious and shows total disregard for the customer.

That is a recurring theme with Tesla. They don't care about you once they have your money now. Just keep that in mind throughout your ownership experience and you'll keep your expectations in check. Even when I had bought 3 Teslas in 9 months, my customer service experience was horrendous. So if you want a company to care about you as a customer, don't buy a Tesla.

Now with the decontenting, at least they've dropped the price to compensate. I'd still rather pay more and have the features I want. I love my S, really like my 3, and hated my Y. Some things I love about the cars, and still think highly of them in general. Things I still shake my head about like the removal of stalks on my S and implementing the stupid gear shift controls and moving the horn to a tiny button.

I hope your delivery experience is smooth. That is typically the worst thing about them until you have to deal with their customer service. My 3 has not needed any so far. Hope you are as lucky.

I can see that. I did work a car manufacturer so I have a pretty good idea of what truly should be in spec and what isn't. I shouldn't have a gap bigger than my thumb between the hood and bumper.

Hopefully Tesla will get there sh!t together before it is too late.
I needed a QP replacement on a used S in 2018.

Tesla repairs were utter ass 5 years ago, before the pandemic b0rked the supply chain. I don't think they've put any effort into improving parts availability or anything else since then.

I'm very dissatisfied with the general quality of the car. The following is a summary of issues after 1 month of ownership.
Rattling - on a rougher pavement the car rattles inside the cabin from over the doors beams. I took it to the service once already and the issue came back one day after the repair- service scheduled.
Phone key is not recognized despite blue tooth connection established. I can open the car through the app thankfully.
Privacy note keeps coming up on the screen each time I get into the car even though I agreed and submitted it several times already.
Steering wheel vibration is pronounced in higher speed over 70m/ hr -service is
scheduled.
Fit and finish sloppy on the outside at best.
I'm sorry but a 50k product should not have issues like that.
It is very disappointing.

I'm sorry you're having issues with your car. Fortunately it's not that common, but it happens.

Regarding the phone key, can you elaborate on what you did to set it up? Pairing the phone with the car via Bluetooth allows you to make calls and stream music from your phone, but setting it up as a phone key is a different process. I think you can initiate the process from the app, and I don't think you need a key card to do it as you used to.