Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Soflauthor's Artistic Tribute to the Model S - SOLD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Soflauthor's Artistic Tribute to the Model S

A number of forum members have suggested privately that I start a separate thread, rather than embedding a discussion of "Driving the Future" in the CCI thread. So ... here's the post I placed in the CCI thread last week as the lead to a separate thread:

-------

From both a technological POV and its overall aesthetics, I think the Model S qualifies as engineering art. To celebrate my first full year as a Model S owner (VIN #184), I've been working on a creative project to sculpt an art piece celebrating my experience.

I call it "Driving the Future."

I began with a 3-D solid model, sliced it digitally, and then laser cut each slice to form a sculpture. "Driving the Future" is not a model carit's a 1/12 scale interpretation that captures the essence of the Model S and is intended for display. To the best of my knowledge, it's the world's first original artistic tribute to the Tesla Model S.

Each sculpture is created with 91 separate interlocking pieces, and the entire process takes many hours to complete. The medium chosen for "Driving the Future" is art-grade clear acrylic, mounted for display. Each sculpture is part of a numbered and signed limited edition of 250 unitsafter that, no more. Each sculpture is made to order and is offered on a first-come, first-served basis.

With the Holiday Season rapidly approaching, there may be a few of you who would like to be among a small number of Model S enthusiasts to have Driving the Future on your own desk or display shelf.

More information about "Driving the Future" is available at the Teslaccessories.com website. Number 1/250 is already spoken for, but the other 249 are available now as a truly unique gift for anyone who appreciates owning a Model S. Each piece contains an acrylic name plate that presents the name of the artwork and it's unique limited edition number along with a signed and numbered Certificate of Authenticity.

For more information, dimensions, photos, and a really cool video, visit our "Driving the Future page at Teslaccessories.com.

List Date: 11/17/2013

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Soflauthor's Artistic Tribute to the Model S
--------------------------------------
SOLD

browseformore.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

QqNx0K41geNe2.jpg

Our Driving the Future (DTF) sculpture has been very well received and is now in the homes/offices of Model S owners throughout North America and Europe. In addition, I was honored to have DTF exhibited as an artwork at the Elliott Museum.

The museum show was entitled "The Art of the Electric Car" and also featured a real Model S along with a variety of antique electric cars dating back to the early 1900s. Here’s a pic I took during the exhibit.

photo.JPG

Many of you have contacted us, saying you love the look of the DTF but can’t justify the price. The DTF is very expensive to make, is a limited edition work of art, and is priced accordingly. However, we‘ve developed some options at different price points that I’d like to announce.

We’ve developed an assemble-it-yourself kit version called DTF-Mini. It’s smaller (1/24th scale) than the DTF, but has the same look and is made of the same materials. Most important, it’s really quite inexpensive compared to the limited edition sculpture. For more details, visit our website.