Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Soft Close Frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was able to get my Soft Close Frunk installed for Classic nose cone S!

https://www.teslaoffer.com/product/model-s-electric-frunk/

Overall it was not very hard to install. I would have preferred a totally plug and play system. They are still making all the instructions so for now I used the taps. I will be crimping and heat shrinking the connections soon to ensure I keep the connections good. Tesla will generally give you a really hard time if they see any wiring modifications. I will also see if I can fine the proper connectors so I can build some harness for our other cars when I install this.

It's a well-worth upgrade IMO. no more palm prints and risk of crease marks.

You may want to set it at the highest speed for opening and closing. I stood in the grocery store parking lot looking like a dork waiting agonizingly for the frunk to open & close with people waiting to pull into my spot.

They gave me software update that corrected opening issue. I still need to go make adjustment to get consistent close. I don't want to use the stronger spring as that may cause closing issue for me to be even worse.

Have you tried adjusting the open/close force?

Watching this thread.

Does it lock out the "open" feature while in Drive? On both the FOB and touchscreen? I'd hate for an accidental press to result in a face full of frunk lid.

The frunk is still controlled by the car. The built in safety features are still intact.

I got the Teslaoffer, and the frunk is having a hard time opening. You think its the spring?

As said above, make sure the new latch is aligned exactly right.

You can remove the nosecone to see what is happening when it opens and closes. Loosen the nuts and try to move it slightly to different position, then tighten when it's fine.

I had initial problems with closing, but after careful adjustment it has worked very reliably.