Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Soft Reboot Losing ALL Settings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been having some LTE issues this week and then MCU crashed.
So I did a soft reboot (hold down both scroll wheels until MCU turns black), and ALL of my settings, profiles, etc have gone.
I tried this a few times as LTE still not working, and it does the same thing each time. Previously this never happened, so has something changed in recent firmware update that means a soft reboot loses everything? As its a right pain.

Been having some LTE issues this week and then MCU crashed.
So I did a soft reboot (hold down both scroll wheels until MCU turns black), and ALL of my settings, profiles, etc have gone.
I tried this a few times as LTE still not working, and it does the same thing each time. Previously this never happened, so has something changed in recent firmware update that means a soft reboot loses everything? As its a right pain.
I suspect you lost it with the original MCU crash

I'm having exactly the same issue. It used to reboot with settings in tact. Now as of the last week any sort reboot or software update losses all settings and losses 3G connectivity. Takes days to reconnect.

Very annoying. I've got a support request in at the moment.

V2019.12 then v2019.12.1.1

Hi,
I have this issue.
This started to occur after few months from having v9 2019.8.4.

Any solutions can be done without installing newer updates?
Since Software updates will disable the navigation (in Jordan) and radio.

2014 Model S P85D
V9 2019.8.4
Salvage title

Regards,
Loay

Hi everyone. This sounds exactly like the issue i was having in this thread. The service center eventually fixed it.

v9 2019.8.5.3aaa23d issues
I just purchased my Used Model X 100D last Friday with the same software version. When I did a soft reboot I lost all my presets as well. Then I got up this morning and did the software update and it did it all over again. I was wondering if this was normal behaviour however this would be extremely annoying.