Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Soft reboot reset all my settings - including odometer?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Model Y owner with my first problem… I got the car about 3 weeks ago.

I got home tonight and out my car on the charger. I got a text saying charging was interrupted and to try it again. I removed it, and reinserted the charging cable. This time it started to charge but at only 1mi an hour (usually 5). I read somewhere I should try and reboot, so I held both buttons on the wheel and the car seemingly rebooted. I can open my Tesla app and connect to the car, but the location shows the Tesla factory in CA.

On my car, I’ve lost all my settings. It doesn’t know the car name, it even lost the mileage. It finally got connectivity back, but my subscription to premium services or whatever doesn't show up either.

Any ideas what’s going on?! I'll schedule a service, but I thought I'd check here first to see if there's something going on.

New Model Y owner with my first problem… I got the car about 3 weeks ago.

I got home tonight and out my car on the charger. I got a text saying charging was interrupted and to try it again. I removed it, and reinserted the charging cable. This time it started to charge but at only 1mi an hour (usually 5). I read somewhere I should try and reboot, so I held both buttons on the wheel and the car seemingly rebooted. I can open my Tesla app and connect to the car, but the location shows the Tesla factory in CA.

On my car, I’ve lost all my settings. It doesn’t know the car name, it even lost the mileage. It finally got connectivity back, but my subscription to premium services or whatever doesn't show up either.

Any ideas what’s going on?! I'll schedule a service, but I thought I'd check here first to see if there's something going on.
Just want to make sure I read it right.. you said that the odometer went to ZERO after a soft reboot?

Upvote 0
3AECD601-DBD9-46DD-B133-8A1CF1F72F6A.jpeg

This is what I see now after about 18 hours. Mileage doesn’t show in the app either. I’ve re-added most of my settings (wifi, Spotify password, etc).

Upvote 0
Sorry is there another place I can look for these numbers? I’m a new owner so I thought that’s the only place mileage was at…
on the left side of the screen, when in Drive, on the bottom left there should be 3 or 4 small windows that you can scroll left or right. One is tire pressure, one is trip odometer , one is energy, see if you can find the odo reading there.

Upvote 0
OP doesn’t understand the UI and has concluded that the car reset all odometers. Uh huh
I mean… I posted photos of the places where I’ve seen the mileage before and they both don’t show anything right now. I got confused and I posted here. If you don’t have
Yes from that screen, scroll down to see more info on the bottom.
Got it! I didn’t even know that screen scrolled. It shows up there. So any ideas why it doesn’t show in the other places? Does it even matter?

Upvote 0